PDA

View Full Version : For these two cup games....

The Tony
03-23-2014, 04:38 AM
Especially Wigan, might be worth trying something new.

Impressed with how they dealt with City....clearly went away, studied them in depth and executed an excellent game plan.

I'd expect a similar approach to us....and if anything it will be easier with Liverpool and Chelsea giving the me template.

I also don't like WEMBLEY...it's too big. Normally, the classier sides can show their class on it like when Swansea took apart Bradford....that as dire...just too much space for Swansea that day....if we play the same way we've been playing then Wigan are going to have an easy time running at our back four.

Think it's time for Bouldie to give Wenger a nudge and switch to a 5-4-1

We got the class to outgun the 3 remaining sides in the Cup...we just need a strong defensive structure so we don't f**k it up.

Back 3 of Kos, Mert and Tommy with Sagna and Gibbs in the wing back positions...roles I think all 5 will absolutely relish....extra width at WEMBLEY will be right up their streets and I don't think Wigan would cope or would've planned for counter attacks from those areas like that.

also gives llore protection to Per who might get exposed at WEMBLEY if ?Wigan can isolate him.

midfield four...Arteta and Flamini in the middle...all about defence and keeping the ball....Ox and Ozil out wide but drifting in at will and doing whatever the hell they like....they have class and speed and WEMBLEY will play to their strengths...Ozil will most likely have his best game for us as he'll have more room and space to do his thing...also with a stronger defensive base he won't need to concentrate on that....just connect the defence to Ox and Yaya up front.

YES I SAID YAYA....he was top notch early doors vs Everton in the cup....his speed and movement was a huge asset and was a massive step up from slow Giroud just lumbering about the pitch....made me think....f**k Yaya is making this much of a difference shame we never got Higuain or Suarez.....

Well any hoots that's the root I'd go....5-4-1....just a strong defensive line up to prevent f**k ups....out class will take us to the Cup.

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
03-23-2014, 06:59 AM
The trouble is you've given it more thought than wenger will.

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-23-2014, 08:42 AM
:rolleyes:

Bergkamp's Brain
03-23-2014, 08:51 AM