PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the emirates took the young un to the JG open day I am indifferent to today as I knew

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
03-22-2014, 04:10 PM
We just dont have the firepower to overcome any of the top teams - the pundits did much to my displeasure have it right all season- against the top sides we fall to bits - wenger didn't buy in the last transfer window which sealed our fate , so our strategy to accumulate as many points against the poorer sides of the premiership crumbled at stoke , ozil is hardly a substitute for Suarez ( and more expensive ) and I have to say I'm concerned about the players we have secured to long term contracts - the new manager - as there will be inevitably - will have another rebuilding season , apart from this board there isn't any where to vent our frustration but I'm not even bothered to rant, I just wonder if this ambivalent feeling will continue come ST renewal time, I hope not but something has to change either for me or the team , consoling a six year old in floods of tears didn't make for a great afternoon - still we have a lovely stadium .............

Harry Balls
03-22-2014, 04:12 PM
matter to our hopes for CL football next year. But, it does matter to the fans.

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
03-22-2014, 04:17 PM
among so many gooners to days like today isnt going to be AWs legacy. He deserves better than that.
However he is going to have to accept his philosophy and approach is now outdated and he needs more help to change.
I believe he still has a lot to offer the club but hes got to start to get things right.
To think that Giroud and sanogo was all he would need up front for a whole season is ridiculous.
yes our injury list is crippling with so many of the support strike force out of action but that has to be factored in these days.

Bergkamp's Brain
03-22-2014, 04:31 PM

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
03-22-2014, 04:39 PM
They were worried that wenger wouldn't sign anyone because of the good run of results in the last 10 games - he didn't and the rest is history, he did it again in January - I don't know who was or wasn't available - it's not my living- but if you have the money - the club and the desire it wouldn't take me a whole season to contact agents and see who is available to come overv- wenger is obviously fixated by FFP ( a non starter ) and developing players ( we have let most of them go) so In answer to your question - I don't know , it's not my job, but that's what he is paid 7m a season to work out .