PDA

View Full Version : Do people seriously think that the players were sent onto the pitch to play like they are playing?

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-22-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm getting text messages suggesting that even at the back there is no cohesion and we can't pass **** at the moment.

Really? That's the game plan they went out with?

Something happens in their heads that they stop even getting the basics right as a unit. That they can do it in some games but not all games. It's about quality of player mentally and physically, and playing without fear.

Lord Roose Bolton
03-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Smart teams know how to play us.

We play the same way 99% of the time. He needs to set up and plan for teams like Chelsea.

The players have let us dowm as well tho.

Peter
03-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Not sure what your point is? The is obviously a problem and somebody needs to work put how to solve it.

Pretty f**king pissed pff that didnt happen after city, or after liverpool.

How the f**k can we turn up and make exactly the same mistakes over and over again. It beggars belief.

zimgunner
03-22-2014, 01:30 PM
They weren't sent out to play ****. But again we witness Arsene's tactical mistake (too high a line too early) and inflexibility (we changed little after the first goal).

It's definitely a fault of his, much as I respect and celebrate him. And that includes even admiring this very inflexibility, in a certain sense and from a certain perspective.

Bergkamp's Brain
03-22-2014, 01:32 PM

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
03-22-2014, 01:48 PM
have yu had your eyes shut since 1996?

its who he is, its what he does.
when we have great players with skill and intelligence it works like a dream.
when we dont or when the other manager figures out what to do we look like c**ts

03-22-2014, 01:54 PM

03-22-2014, 02:01 PM
They have to be able to read what their opposite number is doing at any moment and counter that. Are you really suggesting that they wait for instructions from the bench as to how they move and the position they take up? They have to be able to read the game as it unfolds.

03-22-2014, 02:05 PM
I can tell you what to do, I can even show you, but you have to understand and apply it. I can't do that bit for you.

zimgunner
03-22-2014, 02:06 PM
My understanding is that the formation for the opening part of the game is something that is discussed and set at a default based on pre-match preparation and consideration of the other teams personnel and likely formation.

Of course players should modify prudently as the game possesses. And we are lacking in that department as well.

But manager also have a responsibility to spot a mismatch or miscalculation early and address it before the damage is done. Arsene is slow to do this, something that is particularly harmful because he's made some tactical blunders in big games this season.

As I said though, I respect him immensely. He's been the best thing that ever happened to Arsenal, imho.

03-22-2014, 02:10 PM
And when you concede 2 in the first 7 minutes.