PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 17 May - Wenger's last game? Rub chin

One Wilf Copping
03-09-2014, 08:50 PM
It could happen if Wenger doesn't extend his contract for some reason.

Arsčne's last act as Arsenal manager could be lifting the Cup - similar to Vieira in 2005 scoring the winning penalty before lifting the trophy.

Monty91
03-09-2014, 08:53 PM

'Neg
03-09-2014, 09:03 PM

One Wilf Copping
03-09-2014, 09:06 PM
there are any political issues at the club. There were rumours that QPR's chief scout, Ian Broomfield, was joining us - someone whose main strength is in forcing through deals for star names rather than unearthing young talents.

Now the suggestion is that Broomfield will rejoin Spurs.

Another factor could be if Kroenke sold his shares to Usmanov. It's unlikely, but if it happened I doubt Wenger would be comfortable with the new level of expectation...

gco40203
03-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Not sure why he would go if we win something. I could imagine that if we don't win anything then he could conclude that he had gone as far as he could with the club.

However if we do win something then surely he would like to see if he can turn it into repeated success. He still hasn't won the champions league and I am sure he would like to win the league again. Thus unless we win both of those this year but win one or the FA cup he would like to press on and win more.

modd
03-09-2014, 09:38 PM
now lead to bigger things for us like pushing even harder for league and being stronger in terms of europe.

What a weekend and symbolic moment in our club history.

Nicosia Gooner
03-09-2014, 09:50 PM
If this is to be believed

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/daniel-levy-entices-top-sc out-ian-broomfield-back-to-spurs-had-been-set-for-arsenal/ (http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/daniel-levy-entices-top-scout-ian-broomfield-back-to-spurs-had-been-set-for-arsenal/)

Daniel Levy entices top scout Ian Broomfield back to Spurs, had been set for Arsenal
Sunday, March 9th, 2014

Intriguing news has filtered out of north London over the past 24 hours – suggesting Tottenham chairman has trumped Arsenal in enticing highly-rated scout Ian Broomfield back to Spurs from under the noses of Arsenal.

Reports at the beginning of the month suggested Broomfield had handed in his notice at QPR, where he has been a long-term ally of Harry Redknapp, to join the scouting team at Arsenal.

Broomfield is widely quoted on the world wide web: “The opportunity to work for Arsene Wenger at one of Europe’s top clubs, like Arsenal, was too good to turn down. I appreciated my time at QPR with Harry, but this is an exciting challenge which I’m looking forward to.”

But, it appears Broomfield will instead return to Spurs where he worked with Redknapp and has been credited with finding the likes of Sandro, Jan Vertonghen and Hugo Lloris.

The Sunday Express report today that “Broomfield had been allocated a ticket for Arsenal’s Champions League tie at Bayern Munich this Wednesday.”

And, “When he learned that Broomfield had agreed the move to Arsenal verbally but not in writing, [Daniel] Levy moved in to offer the super-spy a lucrative contract at his club.”

Spurs finally get a “win” over a top four rival this season…

pjlincs
03-09-2014, 09:57 PM