PDA

View Full Version : Fairplay to Liverpool for sticking to their guns, I suppose.

redgunamo
03-03-2014, 11:14 AM
****ers.

Hillary
03-03-2014, 11:20 AM
I only saw it briefly in the pub but it looked like he stuck out his own leg so he could fall over the defender's. Not that it made a difference of course...and I'm guessing Jamie didn't point it out afterwards.

Incidentally, I was most amused to see one of the replica clad "Scousers" in the pub (in her 50s, I'd say, so an instant wrong 'un) had rather appalling ginger hair that clashed marvellously with her top. Her similarly replica-clad husband (named "Scotty" according to the back of his shirt, a double offence) clearly didn't have the heart to tell her how dismal the effect was.

Ashberto
03-03-2014, 12:53 PM
I suppose that if neither the player nor the club who made the offer is prepared to take action, then there won't be. We had to take a lot of flak over it though, as if we didn't know what we were doing.

Maybe we don't. :-(

redgunamo
03-03-2014, 01:13 PM
We agreed to back off, Suarez agrees to stay at Liverpool.

It seems to me that buy-out clauses are rather like the price tag on a pair of shoes in a shop; they do not amount to an obligation to sell.

It's Suarez agent I feel sorry for*; all that abuse he took.

*Assuming it wasn't him who cooked the whole thing up in the first place, just to get his client more money.