PDA

View Full Version : Am I going crazy, or last summer were the overwhelming majority of dissenting fans not screaming

Monty91
02-26-2014, 03:09 PM
out for:

1) Defensive reinforcements
2) A pwoper defensive midfielder
3) A world class striker

The one type of player I didn’t hear anyone demanding was a diminutive creative midfielder type.

So the theory is that Wenger acquiesced to these specific demands to spend money by signing two defensive midfielders on a free and spending £42 million on a player in a position that pretty much no-one thought we needed to strengthen.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Uttoxeter Gun
02-26-2014, 03:29 PM

redgunamo
02-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Flamini is a pwoper nawty DM and Mesut Özil fulfills the dual role of making any of our strikers world class and also being our latest and greatest millionaire superstar number 10 straniero.

:shrug:

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
02-26-2014, 07:00 PM
I was ok with defence
he filled the dm role (rather fortuitously but still, job done)
we have been so fluid up front I've never cared where the goals came from as long as they come. And with Ozil (again more by luck than judgement) he got the motor oiled again.

You seem to forget he spent pretty much the entire summer failing spectacularly to land 2 strikers he wanted.

Oh yeeeeeeeeaaaaaah forgot about that didnt ya.

The point is there is now tangibly more ambition and drive to be a winning football club again and the malaise and indifference to competing for trophies of the previous years has been assuaged. Don't get me wrong, its only a start, but a welcome one that must continue.

I dont expect us to win trophies, I do expect us to be seriously competing for them, always have.