PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the highlights and again at normal speed it just doesnt look like a penalty

Peter
02-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Add that to the absurd double flip that cheating little c**t throws in and you can really see why the ref didnt give it.

I suppose you just have to accept that it is f**king funny :hehe: :hehe:

Classic Jorge
02-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Too much po-faced corinthian nonsense around gamesmanship imo

Curly
02-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Nobody bar nobody mentioned the fact that big Per literally touched his shoulder to concede the free for their first last Saturday.You know,the goal that changed the whole dynamic of the game?

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
that lead to that first and game changing goal for Liverpool.

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
02-17-2014, 01:00 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
02-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Normal camera angle and about 25ft from the 40 inch tv in the pub. When the ref didn't give it, I thought he must have seen Ox get a foot on the ball or something.

Classic Jorge
02-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Has anybody suggested that, just possibly, it was suarez's reputation that was the biggest influence on the decision?

Billy Goat Sverige
02-17-2014, 01:14 PM
control of the ball and it would've probably gone out, but then i realised that means f**k all and i was talking *******s.

barrybueno
02-17-2014, 01:15 PM
the replay from the goal line view it looked 100% pen. Webb couldn't see that Ox tried to clear the ball with his right foot imo. It just looked like a coming together to him I think.

Bergkamp's Brain
02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
given it cos he was pointing towards the incident.

I do also recall Suarez making a huge meal of it. Perhaps that was the reason, but then, why didn't Webb book him if he thought he dived?

gco40203
02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
i am struggling to understand on what basis it is not a penalty. Suarez is moving forward and ox comes from the side and takes him out. Regardless of his showmanship the direction of his fall clear shows sideways contact. Suarez has clearly knocked the ball past ox and would be able to catch it before it went out of play. Webb was in the perfect place to see it all. I just can't understand what is the basis for his decision. If he thinks there is no contact then he has to give suarez a yellow (and he must be blind as the contact was blatantly obvous) and if he sees contact then how can a player bring down another one and not be penalised.