PDA

View Full Version : All joking aside, I think we need to give Arsene some credit

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
02-16-2014, 06:09 PM
For all the cries of spend some f**king money, he didn't spend enough and buy the players that he's been told he should, but yet the team is still in a good position for the PL. Against all the expectations as well.

Now today, 7 changes and with all the pundits looking for us to be pulverised again by Liverpool and we beat them.

He won't get the credit he's due, they'll be too busy looking for the next thing to trip us up. We have to get past the next test to prove ourselves. After all We could have lost today if Sterling and Suarez had taken their chances, or the ref given another penalty, so basically we were lucky to get the win. :shrug:

CrossGun
02-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Can you imagine the ****ticane that would have ensued had we lost today after fielding a weakened team? I thought they'd take us out today and that was before I saw we were making seven changes. Could have been much different of course, had Liverpool taken one of their early chances...Everton won't be easy either, we're really gonna have to win this trophy the hard way, eh?

eastgermanautos
02-16-2014, 06:21 PM

Jake
02-16-2014, 06:21 PM
The changes were certainly vindicated because of the result but on another day Sturridge would've finished two of his chances and it would've been a different game - think that has to be acknowledged.

02-16-2014, 06:27 PM
I think with 3 games to an FA cup final, 12 games to the PL (I won't go there with the CL until gather the 1st leg) I think we need to focus on the positives and get behind the team and deal with the negatives in the summer.

It's always an uphill struggle for the players and manager because of the negativity in the media, so we need to leave it with them and get behind the team.

Mc Gooner
02-16-2014, 06:30 PM
who call themselves Arsenal fans

wd Lady G

02-16-2014, 06:33 PM
He didn't put his chances away, we did, them's the facts.

We have to put a Stop to all the undermining of the gunners, starting with our own supporters, and yes I include myself in that.

Jake
02-16-2014, 06:38 PM

02-16-2014, 06:38 PM
I don't forget what he's done for us, just as I don't ignore when things go wrong.

But right now, basically everyone still keep trying to tell him and the players that they are ****e, they don't need the people that are meant to be on their side doing the same thing. This could end up being on of his greatest achievements as Arsenal Manager.

Don't forget he likes his trophies in doubles!

Mc Gooner
02-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Seriously :nod:

02-16-2014, 06:49 PM
I don't drink that much, even to come on here. :hehe:

eastgermanautos
02-16-2014, 06:49 PM