PDA

View Full Version : The Inbetweeners

7evens
02-08-2014, 09:17 PM
As the media vultures begin the laborious rounds of questioning the clubs ambition and ability to win anything in the aftermath of a horrid defeat, you can't help thinking we're the victims of being the PL's true inbetweeners.
A world famous club and Deloittes top 10 earner and yet shackled in a way that truly prevents us competing as equals against Chelsea, United and City.
We've outflanked those who compete on a similar platform for over twenty years, we can boast one of the best CL qualification records through out Europe but we still harbour an expectation that seems destined to implode with every passing groundhog season. it unreasonable not to expect more ?

We're not the only club who continually fail to land the big one, no real stinging critisism of spurs, everton and liverpool over the years in quite the same way that the knife gets stuck into Arsenal. Top 4 is the most they can expect, even Bodgers duly obliged with a top 4 statement earlier in the week, would Wenger be afforded the same verbal objective ? It's only when you achieve top 4 for as long as we have, that your duly expected to push on and actually win something.

I can see the sense and rationale of our dilema but I still get f**ked off with the resigned apathy of it all.

Ciaran
02-08-2014, 09:26 PM
For nine years.

I'm not having it.

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
02-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Why not get behind the team and support them rather than jumping on the bandwagon of all the doom mongers, just waiting for us to fail.

Ciaran
02-08-2014, 11:01 PM

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
02-08-2014, 11:39 PM
it's a case that our worst fears about the squad and manager's limitations are once again being realised at the business end of the season.....

We need a good win on Weds against Man Utd - not just for the points but a psychological boost...

:cry:

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
02-09-2014, 08:18 AM
I get the impression what we wanted, was not actually available, and what was available did not strengthen.

Going by our capitulation yesterday the problem was not simply about strikers, which every jack no it all, told us we needed, it was the whole f**king team! So where should we strengthen.

And yet, we're still in a good position for the league, and no was is spouting and ridiculing city for dropping two points to Norwich, after losing to Chelsea.