PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal suffer blow over Julian Draxler move as Schalke rule out transfer

Classic Jorge
01-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Arsenal have suffered a major blow in their attempts to sign Julian Draxler, after Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt insisted the club have no intention of selling the midfielder.

Heldt said he was "convinced" the highly rated 20-year-old Germany international would be staying at the club - both in January and beyond the summer.

"We are happy to have such a world class player in our lines. I am very convinced that Draxler will be playing for us in the Rueckrunde [second half of the season] but most probably beyond that," he said at a news conference on Thursday. "We are not interested in letting Julian leave, and he has also not approached us about a transfer."

Arsenal sent their chief transfer negotiator Dick Law to Gelsenkirchen in an attempt to agree a deal but Heldt added: "I checked my office if someone was waiting for me, but nobody was there.

"Of course, there are always other clubs interested in him, and should someone make a serious offer for him, then we as a club have to professionally consider that. That does not only apply to Julian Draxler, but to every other player."

It had been widely reported thta Draxler has a £37m buy-out clause in his contract, and while Arsenal do not value the player at that price, the club remain hopeful that a lower figure can be agreed if not in January then possibly in the summer.

However, Heldt insisted Schalke can set the price at whatever they like."That agreement was only in place for last year, from now on the transfer fee is up for negotiation," he added.

The Tony
01-30-2014, 04:38 PM

Ashberto
01-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Again.

LDB.
01-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Schalke will draw it out to cash in on our desperation.

Pat Vegas
01-30-2014, 05:06 PM
I still reckon we'll sign him

And if we don't sign him this window we never will.

Supermac1976
01-30-2014, 05:11 PM
from Newcastle.

And also came out with this gem in a match programme- "We have the desire to recruit players whose futures are ahead of them, not behind them." :hehe:

Peter
01-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Clarifies the lack of a buy out clause and tries to make our negotiator look a c**t.

Its a negotiationtactic. Its on!

Pat Vegas
01-30-2014, 05:18 PM