PDA

View Full Version : They've got to do something about the rules

Guns 'n' Roses
01-30-2014, 10:19 AM
They should have a butcher's at other sports and see what they've done.

Now no one likes to see Spuds humiliated more than me, but the penalty decision yesterday is a good example on something that is very wrong.

The decision by the PR hungry linesman decided the outcome of that came, and who knows, maybe the League? Why is it so wrong to have a chap up in a video room looking at it in replay and concluding that it's a corner, not a penalty and a red card? Like they do in ice hockey?

One could actually argue that Dzeko deserved a yellow, to me it looked like he went down after no contact. But instead Scum gets a man sent off and a penalty and a certain goal against.
To make the consequences of a shyte decision a little less severe, why not introduce the rule one has in ice hockey and bandy, that you get sent off for a limited period of time (10 minutes), and get allowed on again immediately if the opposition score?

And don't get me started on the handball and yellow card rubbish. They've decided to not follow the rules. Better to leave it up to the subjective opinion of the refs.

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2014, 10:25 AM
As for the other ideas, I rather like this chap - speaks a lot of sense. No chance of getting elected then

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25811977

Of course there really isn't that much wrong with the game, it is the squealing indignation of the masses about any remotely debatable decision that we could really do without

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
01-30-2014, 10:30 AM
and that we, as players, were to just get on with it.

Apart from anything else, this is a good life lesson. Sometimes things aren't fair. Sometimes our carefully laid plans are subject to outside influences we can do nothing about. There's no point getting your panties all damp about it. Far better just to get on with it and make the best of it.

The ref's robbed you of a goal? Get on with it and score another one then.

Classic Jorge
01-30-2014, 10:32 AM
I think the biggest scourge of football is the people constantly outraged at perceived injustices, most of which can be put down to human error.

The second biggest scourge is people suggesting irritating amendments to the rules based in their success in minor sports which have nothing like the scale or scrutiny football gets.

Guns 'n' Roses
01-30-2014, 10:34 AM
I would have loved to see the scum win this game.

Love it the way the game has developed. "Oh, there was contact - penalty!"

Or: "Hand was in an unnatural position when the ball was fired into it - penalty".

Err... did it look like he handled it on purpose? No? Well, then it's not a penalty according to the rules.

Man sent off and a pelanty when they should have had a corner. :rolleyes:

Guns 'n' Roses
01-30-2014, 10:36 AM

Guns 'n' Roses
01-30-2014, 10:40 AM
It's just the consequences are different, due to the rules. The red card rule for tackling in a goal scoring position was made to stop Willie Young incidents. Which is logical. Coz no attacker will dive outside the box, if he goes down it's very likely that he was unlawfully chopped down. Inside the box, people go down all the time and applying a red card in addition to a penalty is a double punishment in addition to very often being wrong.

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2014, 10:41 AM
the umpteenth time got the wrong side of the defense forcing Rose to make a desperate clumsy tackle which on first view I think most people would have given a penalty for :shrug: Yes it is all down to officials isn't it

Classic Jorge
01-30-2014, 10:44 AM
sin bins, time outs, action replay decisions, it's all just faff

Guns 'n' Roses
01-30-2014, 10:51 AM
In the old days, a hand ball was a hand ball when the f*cker stopped the ball with his hand on purpose. Easy. :shrug:

And refs hade the opportunity to make logical and wise decisions. Like: "hmmm, difficult, it looked to me like a penalty, but I may be wrong. So I'll go for a penalty, but I won't send the guy off in case the poor *******'s tackle turns out to be legitimate."

Or, offside. You were offside, laddie, no goal. I don't care if you weren't directly involved in the play, you need to train more to be able to pull your lazy arse out when the defenders of the other team run out.

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2014, 10:56 AM
if he has doubts that it was a foul, he shouldn't give a penalty- that's just weak indecisive refereeing

Classic Jorge
01-30-2014, 11:00 AM
I did like the spurs handball in their own area though, which they got away with scott free, where it hit is hand - fine, ball to hand - then hit is hands again and again for about five or six times, surely won was a handball.

Guns 'n' Roses
01-30-2014, 11:05 AM
since that rule did not exist.

Sendings off back then for offenses inside the box - which also included a penalty - were applied when it was blatantly obvious that the defender stopped a goal unlawfully on purpose. Like that Norwich chap in the (league?) cup final who did a Suarez on the goalline. We're not talking a goal scoring "opportunity" then. It was a goal.

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2014, 11:09 AM

Guns 'n' Roses
01-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Why do they always give a yellow card for offenses that lead to a pelanty when they would not give a yellow had the same offense happened on the halfway line? Which rule justifies that?

redgunamo
01-30-2014, 11:56 AM

Guns 'n' Roses
01-30-2014, 12:03 PM