PDA

View Full Version : How Steve Bould salvaged Arsenal's season

NOT Nicosia. Now banned.
01-23-2014, 02:06 PM
Quote:

Bould lost touchline argument with Wenger during Aston Villa debacle

Arsenal’s first Premier League fixture was a 3-1 home defeat by Aston Villa.

Giroud scored an early goal.

My sources now reveal that Bould was shouting at Wenger, telling him to stop his fullbacks racing down the touchline.

But your great leader ignored that sound advice.

Sure, the visitors got the benefit of some decisions by Antony Taylor, who gave a penalty against Koscielny and sent him off for a second yellow soon afterwards.

But the ref had nothing to do with what Sagna and Gibbs were doing and not doing on that afternoon back in August.

However, failure can improve those willing to learn.

After that embarrassing farce, Steve Bould was allowed to put a bit of George Graham into the team and that’s made them far harder to beat.

Arsenal now defend a bit deeper, keep a far better shape, and rely on good habits to help them build a platform in the game.

They always believe they can score and the BFG and Kos have quickly become the best centreback pair in the league.

George always believed that when a defender gets out of position, and has to make what he called “a silly tackle”, that’s when he tends to get injured.

After that first day trauma, Arsenal won their next seven games and didn’t lose again till October 22, when they were beaten 2-1 by Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/3831/30/Bo uld-lost-touchline-argument-with-Wenger-during-Aston-Villa-d ebacle (http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/3831/30/Bould-lost-touchline-argument-with-Wenger-during-Aston-Villa-debacle)

Red N White Army
01-23-2014, 02:08 PM

CrossGun
01-23-2014, 02:09 PM

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2014, 02:24 PM

Lar d'Arse
01-23-2014, 02:25 PM
no one is interested.

Classic Jorge
01-23-2014, 02:28 PM

Monty91
01-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Myles says:

Q: What took him so long?

A: Obsession.

Wenger sees Arsenal as a vehicle for his ideas.

He always has done. He wanted to prove a point by growing his own team, so he could claim 100% ownership of his team's success

But he can't teach defence,or set-pieces, and wouldn't know where to start.

He reached a crossroads, Quartz, a point in the road where he had a choice: compromise or leave

Here is what I heard last season when the Bould-Wenger body language was frigid.

Bould's best and smartest mate is Alan Smith.

When Smudger sent his kids to private school, Bould did the same.

Without those high and ongoing school fees, Bould might have walked last season.

I don't know what school his kids attend but I do know that St Pauls is more expensive than Oxford University.

Mainly, dictators don't listen.

Most dictators call all the shots and terrify those who work under them.

If Arsenal win the title, Bould will be given no credit.

So Arsene Wenger is a tall man but not a big man.

A genuine big man, a really great man, would make everyone feel great and share the credit.

Sir Alex credited Kiddo, Steve, Carlos Queiroz, Phelan, Rene - all his assistants.

Red N White Army
01-23-2014, 02:35 PM
I don't know what school his kids attend but I do know that St Pauls is more expensive than Oxford University.

Barking f**king mad.

Classic Jorge
01-23-2014, 02:36 PM

Maravilloso Marvo
01-23-2014, 03:01 PM
I must keep imagining it.

Free SL
01-23-2014, 05:23 PM
f**k OFF (Myles not you, unless you are Myles then see the 2 words)