PDA

View Full Version : I said a few years back that putting Riley in charge of refs

Dorset Gooner
12-28-2013, 11:09 AM
was a huge mistake. the standard in this country is appalling. They stick to a too small a pool which leads to them becoming celebrities, shocking scenes the last two seasons.

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
12-28-2013, 12:22 PM
That game at old Trafford still leaves me apopleptic, frothing at the mouth in fury.
I can't believe anybody is honestly so bad at their job and yet gets the main gig. f**king shocking. His performance was pathetic, his fawning to fergie sickening, it was the closest ive ever seen over here to match official corruption.

Peter
12-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Corruption aside, and i just dont believe that, you have to consider the incompetence. Other refs saw that game and know what was happening. How can they respect him? How can he lecture a ref for bowing to pressure in a game?

He was a joke of a ref where united were concerned and everybody knew it.

Ashberto
12-28-2013, 01:48 PM
was incompetence, rather than bias.

How does Riley then get to be the head of the PGMO after demonstrating such appalling judgement? How on earth can that be possible?

Furthermore, why has there been no press or tv analysis of that performance and subsequent promotion for Riley? A study of terrifying incompetence at the heart of football officiating, with so much money at stake should be an absolute no-brainer, when the evidence is staring us in the face.

I find it utterly baffling.

'Neg
12-28-2013, 02:12 PM
from Far Eastern or Eastern European gambling maffia. It happens in other countries + the refs here are the main weak link the chain:
- They (and perhaps goalkeepers) have the most direct influence on a game of anyone on the pitch.
- Players (and managers) just make too much money, which makes them very hard to be convinced to take a bung and put their careers at risk. Refs on the other hand get paid peanuts...

Peter
12-28-2013, 03:11 PM
And that most of our complaints were down to the fact that we couldnt accept being tackled.

Total *******s of course but i cant see any other explanation for that performance not being held up as an example of a truly appalling referee. It was beyond disgraceful. f**k the penalty, i dont even care about that. It was the endless terrible challenges that he constantly ignored before leaping at ashley cole with a yellow card for the least offensive tackle of the game.

The one from neville where he chased reyes fifty yards and hacked him down. An absolutely awful challenge and riley almost apologised for giving the foul

Ashberto
12-28-2013, 03:54 PM
very official that now controls the officials, and decides who keeps their job and who doesn't. How can that not be corruption? Yet you said it wasn't corruption, presumably because to suggest this leaves one opens to various unflattering accusations.

Either way, it is a scandal.

ITSUPFORGRABSNOW
12-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Was there a football game?

redgunamo
12-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Germany has won the second most league titles?

No, nobody else does either.

Peter
12-28-2013, 08:25 PM
He knew full well thosec hallenges were awful and that letting them pass had a huge effect on the game. He decided to let them go for his own reasons, whatever they were. I wouldnt like to think he paid to do it. I just dont think he had the bottle to stand up to ferguson and united or the courage to take the **** he would get.

Anyway, i just found a worse referring performance. The ref in escape to victory :-)