PDA

View Full Version : Last night was always going to be an weird fixture. I wouldn't worry to much about

Pat Vegas
12-12-2013, 08:28 AM
the effect on the team. It seems to be ending the group stage on a downer but we done very well in the supposed group of death. A group that everybody said we'd struggle with.

Now we have a tough draw coming up. Again it will be 'Arsenal no chance'. But maybe we will prove them wrong again. Plus this is what the Champions league is all about. I want to see us playing big teams. We'd have to play them at some point anyway. If we automatically assume we will lose against the bigger teams what's the point of being in the competition?

I never really considered our win at Bayern last season that big of a deal (or beating AC at home the year before). People get a bit carried away with it. We beat them there etc. But in reality the game was very much like the fixture yesterday. So for me it doesn't really count.

The only I am concerned about is that the team looks tired imo.
Let's see how Arsenal react in the next 2 games.

Pokster
12-12-2013, 08:34 AM
we haven't played before/ or recently

Still hard to believe 1 team got through with 6 points, Man U or Chelsea must be licking their lips at some fo the dross left in

Snin
12-12-2013, 09:00 AM
PL is the focus this year..CLis still a bit pie in the sky for me