PDA

View Full Version : I have just emailes the AST about Flamster and the sleeves issue....

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-30-2013, 01:45 PM
re: Flamster's sleeves.

Hi chaps,

Can I just say I think our players should be allowed to wear whichever length sleeves they like. Could you do a poll to find the views of fellow gooners, please?

I'm all for our heritage, our tradition. Some things are sacrosanct. But this is not one of them.

While we've always been a club proud of our traditions, we've also been innovative. Just look at Herbert Chapman, or even the move North of the river.

When I was a kid (I was born a few weeks after we won the double, the first cup final I watched on telly was '78, I was at
Wembley 2 years later etc) the idea of players wearing gloves would have been laughed at.

But now we had no problem with Titi et al wearing gloves, and every winter some of our players wear gloves, some don't.

We have no problem with this. If Titi having warm hands made him more likely to score, we were fine with him wearing gloves.

So if Flamster's more likely to maim a Northerner in short sleeves, then let him wear them.

As I say, I'm all for our heritage, but any tradition that makes any one of our players even slightly less comfortable than they could be during a competitive fixture should be junked.

It should be like gloves. If half our team want long sleeves and half short, let them wear whichever they prefer.

If you did a poll and found that a huge majority think like I do, then you could communicate this to the club.

They talk about heritage, but let bumf**k chavwear companies design our kits and make our away kit vile colour combinations (i.e anything not yellow and blue.) That's a tradition we should be fighting to preserve. Sleeves is irrelevant.

So please tell The Arse that we want a yellow and blue away kit every year - the Online Gooner's poll last season found (I think) 3 times as many gooners would buy the away kit if it's blue and yellow.

But we don't care if the team wear different sleeve lengths. We just want them to be as happy as possible. (I've found some of our boot colours vile in recent years. I distinctly remember one game where Bendtner and 4 others wore turquoise. But he played a blinder - so if he wearing ugly boots makes him score, let him wear them.) Likewise gloves. Likewise sleeves.

I'm all for tradition, but if Flamster would play even better with nothing but the club badge tattooed on his breast, his name and number sprayed on his back and red and white wrist bands, he can do that as far as I'm concerned.

Please let me know if you agree. And if so, please contact the club.

(Please bear in mind that this may help us in games against Newcastle. Geordies believe that alpha-maledom is determined by who wears the least clothing in cold weather. Therefore, if we have to play at their ground in winter, if they're all wearing long sleeves, but Flamster's still wearing short ones, they'll roll over and lose.)

All the best.

Does anyone agree?

The Rob2
11-30-2013, 01:48 PM

bostonbrian
11-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Midfield enforcers uniform* .....we will now lose today imo

* :vsign:

11-30-2013, 01:51 PM
first game of the season as obviously we had no chance of making top 4, and that the spuds would obviously do much betterer than us cos they'd spentsamfackinmoney.

I love Flamster and he can play stark ******* naked if it makes him play better, imo.

11-30-2013, 01:52 PM

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
11-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Better than your usual ****jinxing anyway :thumbup:

ArseMart - Enjoy every sandwich
11-30-2013, 01:59 PM
And of the land.

Ashberto
11-30-2013, 02:04 PM

bostonbrian
11-30-2013, 02:05 PM

Ashberto
11-30-2013, 02:12 PM
and the sleeves thing is just a Wenger-era policy rather than an ancient tradition.

I prefer the yellow-and-blue away kit because that's what my mind was imprinted with as a kid. Likewise the red-and-white, which is 80 years old now and hopefully will never change.

This is the only really acceptable version imo:
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Arsenal/images/arsenal-1969-1978_ef.gif

redgunamo
11-30-2013, 02:26 PM
To be honest, I did imagine it was an ancient tradition, inherited from the lads at Dial Square or something like that :homer:

Although, it actually makes Flam's insubordination even worse.

Supermac1976
11-30-2013, 02:28 PM

NOT Nicosia. Now banned.
11-30-2013, 02:31 PM

11-30-2013, 02:35 PM
tma = tutor marked assignment.

i.e. an essay that counts towards the degree

(I'm listening to a BBC radio thing about the guy the next essay's about atm - it's absolutely of no help, I've found out, but it's 45 mins long and I started listening at 2.15pm, so I can pretend I'm doing some course work, while I'm really just waiting for kick off so I can watch with s0a9).

11-30-2013, 02:40 PM
The only difference is the cannon on the shorts.

And we wore that when we won the Cup in '79, which was my favourite ever game until 1989.