PDA

View Full Version : Bergkamps' book, "Stillness and Speed".

mr egg and dart
11-15-2013, 01:45 AM
I was really looking forward to reading this book, and I must say..I wasn't disappointed. It was a good read from cover to cover.

I read a lot of biographies, and this was the first one that I've come across that was written mostly as an interview (and not just him). It was easy to read Dennis' quotes and hear his voice in your head, and during the chapter "The Penalty", I could hear him getting pissed off with the author as the discussion went on (did anyone else sense that?). Of course it was about the '99 semi final miss that the chapter started off about, but then it went on to Holland and it got heated from there. Anyway, I wont say more as not to spoil for others who haven't read it.

Except that, chapter "Pages 301-302" is a chapter that every Arsenal fan on the planet will enjoy. In one part he was talking all about his first goal for us against Soton, and what the crowds cheering after he scored meant to him...It put a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

And we had ten more years of it to come! :bow:

The book covered everything I wanted to know...Why did he not want to fly, what happened with Inter, the penalty, why did Holland fight amongst themselves at the W.C.s and the Euros, and why sign for Arsenal, and much more.

In a nutshell, If you loved Dennis, as I did, you're going to want to read this book.

For those of you Stateside. If you are interested in this book...I'll sell you this one. I don't read books twice. Ever!
I paid the full amount (£14.99 plus postage), I'll let this book go or $10 plus postage. PM me if interested. Paypal account essential.

bostonbrian
11-15-2013, 01:52 AM

mr egg and dart
11-15-2013, 02:19 AM

Supermac1976
11-15-2013, 07:29 AM
a window. :hehe:

Mack
11-15-2013, 08:18 AM

Nicosia Gooner
11-15-2013, 08:32 AM

Brentwood