PDA

View Full Version : I thought North West was a strange name but this one beats it.

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
11-11-2013, 06:41 PM
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man imprisoned for more than three decades for a murder he always said he didn't commit walked out of Men's Central Jail on Friday.

Kash D. Register, 53, who was wrongly convicted of murder in 1979, was released after his conviction was overturned.

"I'm just at a numb feeling right now. It just hasn't really set in yet. I know it's real, but it just hasn't truly set in yet. It's a beautiful feeling though," Register told reporters as he got out.

It's a moment that his mother, 76-year-old Wilma Register, has been waiting for for a long time.

"That was victory. That was what I have prayed for, for the world to see that this is not the right man. The system can make mistakes, but nobody believes that until it happens to them," she said.

The victory came on Thursday in a Los Angeles Superior Courtroom. A camera captured the moment Kash Register heard the news he would soon be a free man, all thanks to the efforts of a handful of Loyola Law School students who worked tirelessly for more than a year to win his release.

bostonbrian
11-11-2013, 08:30 PM
:hehe: :hehe: :rubchin: :- :-|