PDA

View Full Version : Had an interesting variant on the cyclist going through the red light this morning.

Ashberto
10-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Corner of New Oxford Street and Bloomsbury Street ā€“ often a controversial spot.

Green man was lit, and as everyone walked across, a cyclist approaching from the left jumped off her vehicle and ran quickly across the line of pedestrians, pushing the bike. I had to pull up to avoid getting hit by the front of the bike, but there was a moment where the back wheel beckoned invitingly and I could easily have let my stride follow through, making contact with the advancing back wheel, and win the clear penalty.

The bike and/or the pilot would probably have been scattered, with it clearly being their fault, but with slightly less chance of them splitting their head open on a kerbstone (which I would not want to happen) than if Iā€™d kicked them off a ridden bike at full speed, which is my usual temptation when they jump the light and nearly run me over.

Classic Jorge
10-28-2013, 01:26 PM
I saw one's pedal come off the other day just as they were about to take off. Those outfits dont look any less silly when they aresplashing about in a puddle.