PDA

View Full Version : Absolute disgrace of a night

Herr Floyd - PEGIDA
10-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Pathetic display from the team and even more pathetic display from the fans. We should change from being 'gooners' to 'limpwristers'. Luckily for me I am German and a Dortmund supporter so I was able to join in with the away fans magnificent celebratory singing. Did you note the 2 guys acting as conductors? Leading the fans on what songs to sing and when. Their drummer was superb with his powerful, perfectly timed beats. They even let us have our little "We are the North Bank ... We are the Clock End" whine for a little bit as they did the slow clap warming up for the next wonderous song. They basically felt sorry for us. Anyway I joined my German brothers after the game for beers and laughed at Arsenal.

Classic Jorge
10-23-2013, 09:15 AM

Guns 'n' Roses
10-23-2013, 09:18 AM
I can picture something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUN96KzAlDM

Must be fantastic to go to the away game in Dortmund, to witness some of the world's best footie fans in one of the world's best football stadia.

When they built the AG, why didn't they make it "supporter-friendly"? With a massive home end, and the terraces closer to the goals?

Herr Floyd - PEGIDA
10-23-2013, 09:24 AM
The Dortmund guys acting as conductors had their backs to the game the entire 90 minutes, only turning round if there was close goal action. Remarkable discipline.

Guns 'n' Roses
10-23-2013, 09:26 AM
they have three, four conductors spread evenly out who not only start off songs, but continuously look out for free passengers who don't sing. They will politely be told to either start singing, or perhaps start attentind the main stand, and not the home terrace.