PDA

View Full Version : Some lesbians are specifically referred to as a dyke. Is there a particular reason for this?

Pat Vegas
10-22-2013, 10:10 AM
For example

You may say Pat Butcher is a right old Dyke.

Is this a generation thing? Or a specific type of Lesbian.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:

Baby dyke: a young, immature or recently out lesbian. Sometimes used in a pejorative sense within the LGBT community to refer to a lesbian who attempts to appear butch unsuccessfully.[10]

Bear dyke: a lesbian of especially large build and/or physical prowess.

Bi-Dyke, byke or half dyke: an identity used in a variety of ways, including by some bisexual women who feel more attracted to women than to men or by lesbian or dyke-identified women who acknowledge some sexual or emotional affection for men.[11] Also used by some women who identify as being primarily attracted to genderqueer individuals.

Bulldyke, bull dyke, bulldiker or bulldiger (also bulldagger): a butch or masculine lesbian

Chapstick dyke or chapstick lesbian: refers to lesbians who fall between bulldyke and lipstick lesbian.[12]

Dyke in Denial ("D.I.D."): Used by lesbians to refer to women who fit the stereotype of a lesbian in behavior or appearance but self-identify as bisexual or heterosexual. Also used as a referential identifier for a woman who is still in the process of coming out to themselves as a dyke/lesbian.

Femme dyke: a lesbian who presents in an (often stylized) traditionally feminine way.

Frisco dyke: a queer woman who hails from, lives in, or espouses aesthetics/ideologies congruent with those popular among dykes in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Lipstick dyke: variation on the pop-culture term "lipstick lesbian". Also known as a "doily dyke".

Trans dyke: Transsexual or Transgender woman who romantically and/or sexually prefers women.

Soft dyke: Also referred to as "soft butch", this is generally used for lesbians who dress in a masculine style but retain feminine appearance (e.g.: longer hair, chapstick, clear nail polish, feminine shoes, etc.).

The Tony
10-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Rather than the curious ooooooh I like this type who can still be swayed back to the dark side.

Get it....dark side....Tony.....nope....okay :(

Classic Jorge
10-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Otters, Bears, Twinks, I wish the boringly straight had such a good system.

Berni
10-22-2013, 10:24 AM
But it doesn't really matter, since lesbians don't actually exist.

Classic Jorge
10-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Berni
10-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Jesus, I would not want to be in his sights. :-(

Not a man to take 'Arrrrrrrrrrgghhhhh!! Please, God! Make it stop!" for answer imo.

Harry Balls
10-22-2013, 10:30 AM

Classic Jorge
10-22-2013, 10:50 AM
The things I used to overhear him doing to those poor otters :shakehead:

Berni
10-22-2013, 10:58 AM
brutal, no-holes-barred savagery and just fancy a nice, quiet shag?"

He looked nonplussed.