PDA

View Full Version : As promised, Republican capitulation in 5,4,3,2,1....

seasider7
10-16-2013, 03:19 AM
"Boehner took a final lap around the mental institution he runs" (great Noam Scheiber line), and saw Tea Party clowns still spinning in its alternate universe.

Not a doubt in my minds that these anti-American, Tea Party extremists were delighting in expectation of ruining this great nation. They truly are a scary and dangerous element. They won't quit, but America has seen them in their true subversive colours.

The GOP will never be the same.

Great respect to Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and of course President Barack Obama for remaining the adults in the room. Their resolve has paid dividends.

eastgermanautos
10-16-2013, 03:32 AM

seasider7
10-16-2013, 03:40 AM
America is well served by having a fairly strong moderate, reasonable, approachable Republican party. I accept they could be stronger once the civil war with the Tea Party parasites plays out.

If as expected the Tea Party shutdown collapses tomorrow with no viable gains, then it can only be considered a massive victory for the Dems.

The battle is over, all that's left is the internal GOP/TP **** throwing blame game.

eastgermanautos
10-16-2013, 03:48 AM
capture our history. We've had, in the modern era, a civil war and countless other imbroglios. A senator once caned another senator in the senate chambers, leaving the victim permanently incapacited. The attacker was acquitted. Violence is in our institutions; it is often seen as strength. The minority will grow smaller, bur it will become more active, more prone to sabotaging establshed procedure. This is the new normal - or the old one.

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 04:04 AM
Those not born here can't really understand. This trips Obama from time to time. Like having armed troops blocking the WW2 memorial. Some thing you just don't do, buy Obama didn't grow up here so he doesn't have those instincts.

Clinton did.

eastgermanautos
10-16-2013, 04:25 AM
me what makes him okay is his speeches to the military. I watched him addrezs the cadets at west point. When it's a black guy, it resonates as far as all our troops in the trenches. Fighting, brothers in the trenches. It's corny, I know,, but juest the simple fact that a lot of blacks have fought in our wars. Let them have that recognition. Thats all I'm saying.

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 04:43 AM
Did I say he wasn't born in the United States?
No I did not, asshole. He was born in Hawaii in 1960 8 months after Hawaii became a state. His mom was Kansan and is Father was Kenyan. By our Constitution he is 100% OK to be Da Prez.

But the fact is that he grew up in 1) Indonesia and 2) 1960's Hawaii.

In neither place do you understand the nuance of what makes America tick as you described. So he doesn't really have in him the implicit understanding of what makes this country great.

It's like someone from Alabama running for mayor of LA.

And it seems that you, not I, judge him on the color of his skin.

eastgermanautos
10-16-2013, 04:49 AM
my compliance with obviously contentious assertions. I'm not going to agree that hes a moslem or whatever. I am going to agree that he infringes our personal liberties.

seasider7
10-16-2013, 04:50 AM
Chief Arrowhead - glitches ... glitches wrote on Tue, 15 October 2013 23:43

In neither place do you understand the nuance of what makes America tick as you described. So he doesn't really have in him the implicit understanding of what makes this country great.

It's like someone from Alabama running for mayor of LA.

I think Chief means it's like someone in their 40th year deciding to support a football team from a country, 4000 miles away, that they've never visited.

:rubchin:

Grinner
10-16-2013, 05:12 AM
is a load of ****. It only works if you win the birth lottery or get lots of help along the way. If you'd been born as a black male in St. Louis in 1960 do you think you'd have had a good life?

The US has never been as great as it is today. There is more equality of opportunity than there has ever been but it's still nowhere near good enough.

eastgermanautos
10-16-2013, 05:13 AM

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 05:16 AM
When did I say he was a Muslim?

I also don't assume you agree with me, either.

What f**king planet are you from? I only complimented your post. Sorry. Won't do that again.

eastgermanautos
10-16-2013, 05:22 AM

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 05:24 AM
Hint: It does not imply that humans of American birth are inherently exceptional.

It is the framework of our government at its founding that made this place exceptional. In no other document on Earth did it state that MAN has the right to free will and liberty and to be able to pursue happiness as he so chooses. Nowhere else was there a system based on what a government CAN NOT do.

Given the complete lack of understanding on this notion by every ex-pat Brit that lives in the US and posts on this board, one can only assume that it takes living here to at least have a chance of capturing this notion.

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 05:25 AM
I win again.

Grinner
10-16-2013, 05:26 AM

eastgermanautos
10-16-2013, 05:30 AM
which I ain't.

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 05:33 AM
If I have to be generally racist for you to understand .. Asians get it. Check out the Vietnamese.

The Bosnians get it. They are sacrificing for their children and moving ahead rapidly in this Land Of Opportunity.

It's the freedom that makes this place exceptional.

I guess that is what you hate.

Why did you move here, and why do you stay?

seasider7
10-16-2013, 05:36 AM
So, uhhhhm, yeah.

You're having a rough night Chief.

Grinner
10-16-2013, 05:40 AM
that social mobility in the US is greater than anywhere else in the world?

You sure about that?

And why did so many Vietnamese come to the US around 1975? Hmmm...what was it that caused that sudden migration?

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 05:52 AM
You don't get it. I suspect because ingrained in you is your culture of classism based on birth. Never aspiring for what you may want because of your heritage.

Once a baker, always a baker.

Did I say it was greater here than anywhere else in the world. Firstly, I wouldn't bet against it. Second, that's not the point. The point is that our Founding Fathers constructed this country to ameliorate classism and allow for any to "pursue happiness".

Wow. You really, really f**king hate this country. Yet you are still here.

I guess that makes you a hypocrite.

Really, why the f**k are you here if you hate this country so much?

And why are you such a complete asshole?

Grinner
10-16-2013, 06:03 AM
referenced the Vietnamese not me. They do well because they have very tight family units that raise children strictly. It's nothing to do with being Vietnamese or Bosnian. The black families that you allude to as not pulling their weight and failing to succeed have suffered centuries of fracture through harsh laws and systematic harassment by law enforcement designed to subjugate and maintain the supremacy of whites. The Vietnamese were given all sorts of help by Ford's government...that's right...the government handouts that you loathe.

You clearly have no idea what it was like to be black in America over the last few hundred years. You only know of the luck of your birth and can't understand why black men haven't made it under a system that has so clearly discriminated against them for so long.

Yet when one beats the odds and actually makes it to the most important job in the world on merit you throw a **** fit like all your other tea bagger mates. It's quite bizarre.

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 06:17 AM
Are you assuming that a Vietnamese family that 'moved' to Japan would have the same results from their industriousness?

You obviously know so f**king much, tell me what I don't know about the bosnians. I have worked with those folks for the last 20 years to help them here in St. Louis. But you seem to know so very much more than I do. Tell me what I don't know.

You know so much.

I don't care what color Obama is. He has a very different view of
America from what I articulated, as such I oppose him. But as it so happens he is half white, and I am a native Kansan. So we have that in common. :-D

But now it comes out. You are calling me a racist. Your presuppositions come straight from MSNBC. Roll around in their filth if you must.

Why still live here in this ****hole? This country you hate? Can't answer a simple question?

You f**king ex-pats on here are a real trip. Only Boston Brian and Harry Balls get it.

Oh that's right, you can pull chicks with your ****ty accent. And you like our sandwiches. I forgot. That's about the limit of your mentality.

Just don't smile or they'll see your f**ked up teeth.

Grinner
10-16-2013, 06:19 AM
answer me this simple question...did a black man born in 1960 enjoy the exact same freedom that a white man born in 1960 enjoyed?

It's just one question...see if you can answer it.

I did live in Bosnia for a while so I know a bit about them too. I'm sure you are an expert though.

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 06:29 AM
And you didn't read my post, but no matter.

Inequality has really been a permeating thread running through our whole Noble Experiment. What does equality mean? Does it mean equality of opportunity or equality of what you possess? Equality of income no matter what you produce?

It's been a constant struggle.

I would say that it's a lot better and that not taking advantage of the opportunities given is a problem in the black community. Too often the culture of government dependency has done them a disservice.

My grandma realized this early on in her existence. 100% Lakota Sioux she took advantage of opportunities given and assimilated into a productive part of society. She could have, I guess, continued to feel persecuted and to take offense at racism and remain a "victim", but she didn't. I'm proud of her.

Victimization is seductive. But in the end it is inherently unhelpful. Why was Malcolm X assassinated by his 'own'. Maybe because he was upsetting the gravy train being created by the race merchants that exist today in the black communities?

I would say that a black man born in 2013 has just a good a chance as any white man, if he applies himself and ignores the inherent troubles in his own community that will bring him down.

Why are you here if you hate this country so much?

Chief Arrowhead
10-16-2013, 06:32 AM
assimilated.

Yeah, I'm pretty much an expert. Drkati!

Luis Anaconda
10-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Are you Jack in disguise

Alexism - Atheoist
10-16-2013, 01:55 PM
If you're born rich, you stay rich. Middle class, stay middle class, and poor stay poor. The numbers are in and the data have been analyzed.