PDA

View Full Version : FGY is turning into a bit of a broken record.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-11-2013, 06:58 AM
http://bbc.in/1ecB4LG

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 07:09 AM
Anderson etc. etc.

Dorset Gooner
10-11-2013, 07:14 AM

Billy Goat Sverige
10-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Done to try and fix the problem and he was selected based on that.

Supermac1976
10-11-2013, 07:24 AM
The **** can only just string two sentences together when speaking, how the f**k did he cobble together a document?

Luis Anaconda
10-11-2013, 07:49 AM

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
10-11-2013, 07:50 AM
is not in itself a qualification for anything.
Some sportsmen seem to think their colour should allow doors to open where their ability doesn't.

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
10-11-2013, 07:58 AM

10-11-2013, 07:59 AM

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:05 AM

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:05 AM

Mc Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:06 AM

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:06 AM

Billy Goat Sverige
10-11-2013, 08:08 AM

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:22 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/8966506/danny- mills-believes-the-premier-league-should-limit-foreigners (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/8966506/danny-mills-believes-the-premier-league-should-limit-foreigners)

FA commission member Danny Mills has told Sky Sports News Radio that the Premier League must limit the amount of foreigners if they want the national team to improve.

Mills, who joined the FA's recently-formed commission to look into the future of the game on Wednesday, spoke of his concerns regarding the lack of home-grown players in the Premier League and has called for restrictions to be put in place if they want to compete in future international tournaments.

He told Sky Sports News Radio: "If you limit the amount of foreign players, then clubs will start seeing a drip-down effect and think 'where are we going to get all these English players from?'

"If teams like Man City and Chelsea want a first-team of top class foreigners - not a problem. For me, it's the foreigners that aren't great and aren't any better than the English players, but they are cheaper and that's why clubs go for them.

"By limiting the amount of foreign players allowed to go into clubs, they will then have to go into local communities and provide better coaching, start providing coaches with better back-up and start educating local coaches better to find the talent.

"There is talent out there but it's not being managed or coached particularly well."

Mills also highlighted the importance of grassroots football and believed that the reason England are falling behind rival nations is due to a lack of progression, which needs to be addressed from the bottom.

"Start at grassroots level and start getting kids to play the right way and it'll grow all the way through the system.

"This will take seven or eight years, at least, before all of this comes to fruition. People are going to have to be patient with it," he added.

"The world has moved on and everyone is better technically and they're now far superior to when I was playing.

"If we continue to stand still, we will fall behind. We have to be progressive and we have an opportunity to make some brave decisions, rip the rule book up and start again."

Mills also chipped into the debate regarding national eligibility, believing that there should be more clarity as to who can and who cannot play for England.

"If you were not in this country before you were five years old, before you went to school and your parents and grandparents are not English, I don't think you should be allowed to play for England," he said.

Mills has also warned that some of the decisions the commission agrees on will not be universally well-received, but insists that they will be made with good intent.

"If you want change for the better, you have to enforce that change and that is going to upset people," he admitted.

"Things are broken. If we carry on, it's only going to get worse. We have to make change and we have to make it now.

"If you want to change something badly enough and you want it to happen, then it will happen."

Hillary
10-11-2013, 08:22 AM
In football administration, management and other non-playing roles, black people are severely under-represented. This committee is just one example.

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:24 AM

Billy Goat Sverige
10-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Former Manchester City and Leeds full-back Mills, who played 19 times for England, was selected after writing, according to Dyke, "a very interesting paper on what we should do".

Now a football pundit, 36-year-old Mills has argued that, amongst other measures, clubs should limit the number of foreign players at their academies to just three.

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:26 AM

Hillary
10-11-2013, 08:29 AM

Luis Anaconda
10-11-2013, 08:31 AM
report he outlined the measures Billy said. Simple

Hillary
10-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Accurate, but not very nice

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:39 AM

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:40 AM

Fedor
10-11-2013, 08:48 AM

Luis Anaconda
10-11-2013, 08:50 AM
and he also makes clear he believes these things should be done at grassroot levels :shrug:

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:52 AM

Billy Goat Sverige
10-11-2013, 08:55 AM

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 08:56 AM

10-11-2013, 09:57 AM
what don't you agree with, my position on equal opportunities for all genders and ethnicities with jobs offered to those with relevant experience, merit and talent or something else.

I cant stand whingers, just get on with it and let your record speak for itself.
Paul Ince for example is a **** manager who thinks he should get a prem club opportunity cos he's black and they are underrepresented in that area, maybe if he was better and had a successful record he might get one on merit.

I'm fully aware that not all share my liberal and enlightened points of view, yourself included, that just makes you a c**t.

10-11-2013, 10:05 AM
I differ in that positive discrimination is a poor way of remedying the situation.
If the FA is institutionally racist, which is what you're suggesting then it needs dealing with. That can only happen with time. Filling roles with people on the basis of their colour or gender is flawed unless they fit the criteria and requirements of the job in the first place. No job should go to anyone based on gender/colour/creed!!

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 11:03 AM
demanding an opportunity because of their colour even though they don't have the ability

What qualification / ability does Danny Mills has that Sol Campbell or Paul Ince doesn't?

10-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I am suggesting that some non specific black people are looking for positive discrimination to get them and their views imposed on our national game.

I am however specific in my results based pov that Incey is a crap manager and doesn't deserve, at the moment, a prem club. f**kall to do with his gene base.

I abhor all discrimination esp positive as that is just madness for the sake of a quiet life.

As for your question about Mills etc, neither I nor you can answer that as we weren't at the interviews. I assume Sol applied for the position? if not he should shut the f**k up and if so he should ask for feedback and then take the knock back on the chin and get over himself instead of looking for other supposed hidden agendas.

Nicosia Gooner
10-11-2013, 03:12 PM
very bitter without knowing the facts.

I don't know the facts either but find your assumption about black people insulting.