PDA

View Full Version : 9pm flight from Heathrow after a 3pm match?

penguinsix
09-25-2013, 02:52 AM
Can it be done? Anyone tried it? Figure I might have to leave a few minutes early to beat the crowds at the Tube, or is there an easier / faster way?

The 9:00pm is a long haul on BA so they say a couple hours early for an arrival time. Baggage would be at Paddington with a friend waiting for me.

seasider7
09-25-2013, 03:57 AM
Just have your contact at Paddington ready with baggage and pre purchased ticket for Heathrow Express Train.

even allowing 45 min to get HE train (every 15mins) and get to correct terminal and the to check in, you could leave Paddington on the 6.15pm.

You could leave stadium a couple minutes early and jog to Highbury & Islington or (busier Finsbury Park) and jump on Victoria Line Southbound to Kings Cross. Then change onto Circle or Hammersmith/City line counter clockwise (Westbound) to Paddington.

10 min jog
10 min train to Kings Cross
30 min train to Paddington

Thats 50 minutes, giving you at least 40 mins comfort zone.

Plus the 2 hour intl flight thing is very flexible.

penguinsix
09-25-2013, 04:51 AM
seasider7 wrote on Wed, 25 September 2013 04:57

Just have your contact at Paddington ready with baggage and pre purchased ticket for Heathrow Express Train.

even allowing 45 min to get HE train (every 15mins) and get to correct terminal and the to check in, you could leave Paddington on the 6.15pm.

You could leave stadium a couple minutes early and jog to Highbury & Islington or (busier Finsbury Park) and jump on Victoria Line Southbound to Kings Cross. Then change onto Circle or Hammersmith/City line counter clockwise (Westbound) to Paddington.

10 min jog
10 min train to Kings Cross
30 min train to Paddington

Thats 50 minutes, giving you at least 40 mins comfort zone.

Plus the 2 hour intl flight thing is very flexible.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I should mention that this is the Cardiff game on January 1, so I'm thinking there might be some reduced service on the Tube that might alter my plans.

Also, is there any chance Sky will mess with the schedule on January 1?

Might just be easier to move the flight back a day.

Chief Arrowhead
09-25-2013, 04:58 AM
If there is anyone you should rely on it's good old seasider7. He will make sure your tube adventures will be fine. He will not disappoint you.

Nobody knows more about the Tube lines or the airport in England like seasider7.

Whatever he says just do it. Don't listen to anyone else. He is the expert.

seasider7
09-25-2013, 05:26 AM
Please proceed............ :hehe:

Peter
09-25-2013, 06:17 AM
The two hour thing is flexible but its BA amd they are massive c**ts.

Supermac1976
09-25-2013, 06:27 AM
especially around the Christmas/new year holiday period.

profumo53
09-25-2013, 06:57 AM
No telling what delays you'll encounter,

Uttoxeter Gun
09-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Leave a few minutes early and get the tube straight to Heathrow - about an hour.

Berni
09-25-2013, 07:56 AM
mollify me. They finally secured me a seat at the last minute, only to then have the temerity to get arsey as I was late getting to the departure gate due entirely to their incompetence! :furious: