PDA

View Full Version : Can I just butt in for a good word about Aaron Ramsey?

Chief Arrowhead
09-22-2013, 09:10 PM
So many, many times Wenger has to have been disappointed by putting his faith in young players and having them not put in the work necessary to get to the top level for their skill set. In Ramsey we have a kid who put the work in, overcame an injury that would have put away most players, and has now jumped up several rungs in the ladder to his full potential.

I really blame the kids in Wenger's youth movement for their lack of "want to", but Ramsey ... and Walcott .. should make him proud.

If all of the other knuckleheads would have put in the necessary work those two have done we wouldn't have been dealing with this lack of trophies "crisis".

gooner4life
09-22-2013, 09:14 PM
you have to have drive and ambition, the problem after that is some have drive to become a millionaire at 18 or have a Lamborghini or a Ferrari or both, and once they achieve that they're happy, the truly special players, have drive to be the best, players like Dennis, Bob, Thierry, top of their game and still the last players off the training pitch, putting the work in.

That's what seperates somebody like Wilshere from Jay Emmanuel Thomas, JET was captain of the youth team Jack played in, and looked every bit like a player who would get in the first team, but his attitude stinks.

Chief Arrowhead
09-22-2013, 09:18 PM
To many times in the last 8 years we've seen the likes of Frimpong, Denilson, Bendtner, etc., and their antice. Now a lot of it is the UTube times we are living in, but now we know why these guys aren't making it. They got their car, their X-Box Money for the ladies, etc.

Meanwhile Grampa Wenger is trying to get them to aply themselves on the pitch.

I salute Ramsey for turning away from the peer pressure to make himself the player he has become.

gooner4life
09-22-2013, 09:21 PM

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
09-22-2013, 09:21 PM
de-motivate them...

I think watching how Gareth Bale has reached the dizzy heights has..(pardon the pun) spurred Ramsey to work even harder and now it is beginning to come good for him.

Nicosia Gooner
09-22-2013, 09:22 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/21/dennis-bergk amp-arsenal-love-game (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/21/dennis-bergkamp-arsenal-love-game)

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
09-22-2013, 09:23 PM
and he had not actually passed his driving test either....the dumb fcuktard..

Talk about drawing attention to oneself from the Police..

:banghead:

Chief Arrowhead
09-22-2013, 10:11 PM

eastgermanautos
09-23-2013, 03:14 AM
athletes go out and buy the lamborghini is that they want to stay in that 'zone' where they feel they have an edge. and not all people who act that way do badly. look at michael jordan: he's a gambling addict. they're adrenaline junkies, some of them. I know there are monkish, cerebral players but it takes all kinds.