PDA

View Full Version : Deposit return - Update...

Maravilloso Marvo
09-18-2013, 07:07 AM
So 10 working days passed yesterday and I have had no contact from my old letting agent. So I just fired this email off to them. Let's see how I get on!

Good morning,

I write to you with regards to the return of my deposit for the property named above. As per point 4.6 of our agreement, you must tell me within 10 working days of the end of the tenancy if you propose to make any deductions from the Deposit. As I have had no notification from yourself, I have taken that as confirmation that the full deposit will be returned.

As per point 4.7 of our agreement, payment of the Deposit must be made within 10 working days of us agreeing the allocation of the Deposit. Therefore I will expect my full deposit of £1,080 to be paid to me no later than 1st October 2013.

In addition, as per Gary's email to me on 5th August 2013, I am also owed £25.71 in respect of overpaid rent. I expect this to be paid no later than the 1st October 2013 as well.

Kind regards

Marvellous Marve

Dutch Gooner
09-18-2013, 07:26 AM

Snin
09-18-2013, 07:27 AM
hey taking out 130 now..started at 330..feckers..plus cleaner did crap job who charged 375 squid so need to go n break his legs too now..

I signed off one email as
"I am very dismayed to hear that a reputable agent such as yourselves seems to be already going down this disreputable route over deposits and I hope that this is not the case and we dont have to go down the Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme dispute resolution procedure as I would expect more of a company such as yours."

then I started to lose it , and all punctuation..I started to AWIMB on his arse..Ashberto and others would have hated it....

"he check out person could not see it was velcro curtain which took 1 second to push back up? wall tiles slightly greasy to touch...not technical comment and not true, they are polished wall tiles ?? Shower unit in downstairs cloakroom ? There is no cloakroom or mention of it on 2011 inventory ..what exactly were the check out clerks doing ? Water softner mentioned in 2013..not used by tenant and disconnected as mentioned in 2011 This check out inventory clerk seems very unsatisfactory and unprofessional to be honest , I cant accept anything being held back based on an unchecked, uncross referenced check out

then went AWIMB mental..

"Up and over garage door not open from outside" ?! it opens from the outside very easily – with this and the inventory clerk not being able to reach up to top of curtain I'm starting to think is the inventory clerk a midget ? or stupid and cant open a garage door?

"Storage container – now placed at far end of garden" ??!!- no its not there are and always were were two, one by rear door one at far end...they are bolted into a concrete floor..this is becoming a joke now, was the check out clerk drunk ? ..

"Shower screen..no longer water marked" ..so we cleaned it? ..we charge you ..£ 5 ?

shelves in garage – these "shelves" are as we moved in its loose boards resting on shelf metal things. Untouched by us.. calling them shelves is disputable."

it went on like this :-)

Maravilloso Marvo
09-18-2013, 07:31 AM
I think the big problem comes in the differences between inventory clerks. I have seen detailed to every last point and then I have seen others saying ambiguous things like "traffic marks". You end up comparing apples with pears and it becomes a joke. Plus there has to be an allowance for wear and tear. The house isn't going to be in perfect condition year after year after year.

Supermac1976
09-18-2013, 07:36 AM
When you no return my deposit my mother why pablo you soo sad I scream at her face it's cos arseneivan will not return my flat deposit.

7evens
09-18-2013, 07:43 AM

Classic Jorge
09-18-2013, 08:06 AM

Ashberto
09-18-2013, 08:15 AM

Classic Jorge
09-18-2013, 08:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-L-Cp3qZfQ

Supermac1976
09-18-2013, 08:30 AM

The Level Headed Dossa (The Wilderness Years)
did you put Marv Marv as signature ?

Snin
they find it simpler to drop the money than take up my offer to "calm this all down and happily pop over to your office and I can sit with you at your desk and we can go through the report item by item, discuss it and decide on if its correct, fair, wear and tear then if need be set a value"