PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid players reveal devastation at Ozil's Arsenal transfer

Nicosia Gooner
09-03-2013, 08:26 PM
http://hereisthecity.com/2013/09/03/real-madrid-players-reve al-devastation-at-ozils-arsenal-transfer/? (http://hereisthecity.com/2013/09/03/real-madrid-players-reveal-devastation-at-ozils-arsenal-transfer/?)

Arsenal clinched the record signing of Mesut Ozil on deadline day, and Real Madrid's players are not best pleased.

Arsenal shocked Europe by signing German superstar Mesut Ozil on deadline day, but nowhere were there more stunned faces than in Madrid.

Fans pleaded with the club to keep the player at the presentation of new signing Gareth Bale, while players have been speaking today in reaction to losing the 24-year-old.

Former Liverpool defender and current Madrid man Alvaro Arbeloa said: "I'm a little surprised, yes.

"It's a shame because he's a different type of player, one of a kind, someone who makes a difference. He must have had his reasons and what we need to do now is look to the future."

New signing Isco, whose arrival helped Ozil out of the door, said: "The truth is that I'm surprised about Özil, and even more so after he said last week that he would be staying.

"We all know Özil – he's got a lot of quality, a player that can really turn a game round."

Perhaps the most glowing tribute was from Madrid's defensive mainstay, Sergio Ramos, who expressed his sadness at the transfer.

"He is a teammate and a friend; he's different. Mesut is a different kind of player. If it were up to me, he would be one of the last ones to go. But Özil and the club have made the decision and I can only wish him the best."

"I got on really well with him. He is a unique player and it makes me sad. These are personal matters and he is free to choose what he wants."

All three players were simulataneously speaking about their excitement at Gareth Bale arriving, but none so impassionately as they were bemoaning the loss of Ozil's unique talents.

The high regard in which he is shown by his teammates tells it's own story in just what a special player he is, and how lucky Arsenal are to have him.

IUFG
09-03-2013, 08:29 PM

Harry Balls
09-03-2013, 08:29 PM

TRENT COLTON
09-03-2013, 08:32 PM
I was certain they would call the deal off at some point. How awful was that Zidane rumour last night? :hehe:

redgunamo
09-03-2013, 08:45 PM

Rich
09-03-2013, 08:49 PM

TRENT COLTON
09-03-2013, 08:50 PM

Nicosia Gooner
09-03-2013, 08:55 PM