PDA

View Full Version : The way Arsene thinks, and why he will only sign two players >>

Alfred C. Jolibois, PhD
08-25-2013, 10:23 AM
- I do not need more than four CBs and already have them, as Sagna is better than any CB that would be willing to come as third or fourth choice. I need a versatile player capable of covering at RB instead, in case Sagna has to play CB rand Jenk is not available.
- I do not need, as a priority, another DM, as Arteta, and Ramsey are the present and the future in that spot. I need a versatile player capable of covering there, just in case they are both unavailable at the same time.
- Flamini is the joint obvious answer to both these prior points.
- I do not need another striker--unless it is a god-like, transformative figure that would galvanize the club (like Suarez would have). I have invested a lot of patience in Giroud who is now coming good, and will score 25+ goals this year, and 30+ next year. Podolski is already on premise as a more than adequate backup who will get close to 20 goals this year anyway. I have Sanogo as third choice.
- I need one extra body in midfield, either in the middle or on the wing. Rosicky and Jack are often injured or need frequent resting, so either I get another playmaker (Cabaye) or if needed I shift Santi away from the wing, in which case I need another winger (Di maria).

verdict: I will get *two* players: One (not both) of Cabaye or Di Maria + Flamini on a free. Would have gotten Suarez or Rooney to galvanize the team and the fans, but as they will obviously not come, I can live with these two signings--and I can win the title.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-25-2013, 10:33 AM

Alfred C. Jolibois, PhD
08-25-2013, 10:35 AM
:wave:

Classic Jorge
08-25-2013, 10:52 AM
I mean, apart from the bit with the defenders, that is

gco40203
08-25-2013, 11:03 AM
sadly I have to agree with you........i say sadly because whereas we need the club galvanising players, we won't get them. Either because their clubs are not run by spineless money grabbing tossers like Kroenke or because for all the hot air the top players do not want to come (its only the decent players who want to come and we already have those).

Peter
08-25-2013, 11:21 AM
No way that squad can challenge for the title, let alone win it.

eastgermanautos
08-25-2013, 06:01 PM