PDA

View Full Version : My discussion with BT Sport

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
08-24-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm a sky customer id like to upgrade to BT sport. How long after registering does it take to come on line?

15 mins to 24 hours, normally nearer to 15 mins but you can take our broadband and it will be cheaper. But if you take our broadband it will come on when your package starts.

I don't want to take your broadband. I'm a sky customer

But it will be cheaper

I don't know if it will be cheaper I've not done the calculations, I just want to upgrade

OK, it's £15 start up do you have HD?

Yes

Then it will be £15 per month

Eh? Your advert says £12 per month.

Yes, standard definition

That's not what your advert says.

There then follows a mind numbing conversation about how I pay for HD with sky (which at £10 for all HD channels is nothing compared to £15 for just BT channel), everyone charges more for HD, how they can't put everything into the advert, not everyone has HD, some people even don't watch it on HD but on the web etc etc, until finally she admits they don't say in their advert that its £15 if you want to watch in HD.

I then ask, if we pay the £15 start up free and cancel the subs after 3 months, do we have to pay the fee again.

Pause, then yes, you will have to.

This is a con, I go to the games anyway, so I won't be upgrading to this. Thank you, goodbye.

Bet she's not earned her commission!

Just seen the advert again, they don't say it's £15 but they do talk about taking the HD package. Still a con at £15 per month just for their channel!