PDA

View Full Version : If Arsenal have indeed been evasive (perhaps deceptive) about their finances over the past

Monty91
08-23-2013, 04:13 PM
however many years, is it not an inevitable consequence of the fact that we are the first major club in modern British football to try to do what we have done, i.e. pay for a new stadium out of our own pockets?

Is it not undeniably true that every other club in the world embarking on the same challenge of financial stability whilst paying for a new stadium would have been forced to be economical with the truth, even if it meant alienating their own fans? (afterall, you can't tell you fans the truth while lying to the media/other clubs.)

It's unfortunate for us that clubs only get questioned about money when they don't spend it, not when they do.

Ashberto
08-23-2013, 04:29 PM
And small stadiums on the edges of cheap provincial towns, too. Not giant spaceships squatting on some of the most expensive land, in the most densely populated borough in the country.

Monty91
08-23-2013, 04:35 PM
would have engaged in a similar level of subterfuge in our position.

redgunamo
08-23-2013, 04:37 PM
You can't have it both ways.

Peter
08-23-2013, 05:22 PM
It was the right thing to do. Their job, in fact.

And as frustrating as it has been, i accept that to be the case.

However.....it does mean that it is quite absurd to expect people to start believing them now. Hence my position- i will believe our escalating financial firepower when i see it in action, not when the guy paid to lie to me tells me it is here.

You see, it really isnt about wenger. Not wirh me anyway. Maybe with some of my 'ilk'

:-)

Peter
08-23-2013, 05:24 PM
I dont know what eddie hapgood would have made of all this :-)

Bergkamp's Brain
08-23-2013, 09:54 PM