PDA

View Full Version : That was probably my fault. Cooks dismissal was certainly my fault, in fact I almost predicted

Ashberto
08-23-2013, 01:02 PM
a wicket on here just before I went to the pub because every time I walk into the Newton Arms in Holborn to watch the cricket, England lose a wicket. It got me wondering how the sporting gods are able to manage all of our individual jinxes and superstitions without influencing more events than there are available in the match. Presumably the answer is multiple universes, where each of us is free to jinx our own team’s fate.

I never liked the many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics. After all, the universe is big enough as it is without having more of them every time someone tries to gas a cat, or in this case, take Cook’s wicket by going to the pub for lunch. How do they all fit, and where does all the extra *** free matter *** come from?

However, these concerns will just have to piss off in the light of the discovery made above. Parallel universes it is. :judge:

Berni
08-23-2013, 01:08 PM

redgunamo
08-23-2013, 01:12 PM
are synonymous with the pub.

Rather like the ancient question about where all those extra points go whenever there's a drawn football fixture. Where they go before they are awarded to Manchester United, I mean, of course.

Tai Lopez
08-23-2013, 01:13 PM

Free SL
08-23-2013, 01:19 PM
trying to whip the straight one to leg.

Ashberto
08-23-2013, 01:29 PM