PDA

View Full Version : hehe Well done monty. You continue to fight the good fight.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
08-23-2013, 07:37 AM
I fear you're doomed to failure, mind.

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
08-23-2013, 08:11 AM

Berni
08-23-2013, 08:25 AM
success than any of his predecessors and delivered Champions League football for 16 consecutive years - can be considered fanaticism.

08-23-2013, 08:31 AM
mistakes, always blaming it on someone/something else or labelling anyone with a different view either an incompetent, an idiot, an imbecile or somewhat beneath you happy few, band of brothers - that's fanaticism. I would be very happy if AW's Arsenal reign (and it's a proper reign) did NOT end in ugly boos, foul abuse and idiotic civil wars between the "fans".

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
08-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Wenger quite clearly has made mistakes, notably with the high wages he offered his young, unproven stars (after being burned by the departure of Flamini).

Some of the players he has bought have ended up not working out, and this summer has been a transfer window to forget, so far.

If there's any antipathy towards those who attack him, it's often because he's the manager of the club we support and has yet to ever let us down - why do people seek to denigrate and undermine his performance? It comes across as short-sightedness at best.

There's no doubt, however, that on both sides we should act with a bit more grace, but since when was that ever a common trait of discussions to do with football?

Berni
08-23-2013, 08:40 AM
mildly) of Wenger. I am not part of any group and speak only for myself (unlike those who purport to speak for 'true' Arsenal fans with their absurd anti-Wenger antics). All in all, though, I think he has done (and continues to do a remarkable job. I see no reason to alter that opinion.

The thing is that any argument that becomes polarised also becomes absurdly simplistic and meaningless. If you stop thinking of those who oppose you as an amorphous mass and start dealing with individual opinions, you generally get more productive results.

Dorset Gooner
08-23-2013, 08:46 AM
the problem is that we are perhaps expecting too much & I include myself in this. The reality is that we can't spend like City & Chelsea & even Man u. They do have a huge advantage, one being that when they make mistakes they can just spend more & more until they get lucky. It's like the lottery the more tickets you buy the more chance you have. As things stand we buy far fewer tickets but win our fair share of 5 numbers, if that makes sense?

Bergkamp's Brain
08-23-2013, 08:47 AM
You do not have to be a perfect man to be supported by your fans

Trixie Popsicle
08-23-2013, 08:48 AM

08-23-2013, 08:49 AM
and somewhat depressing to engage in any such arguments. I find it sad and a bit heartbreaking that it has come to this. I've always supported Arsenal and whoever was in charge, even Terry Neill I felt sorry for and sympathetic towards as the fans almost rioted outside Highbury after the Walsall defeat. Having been behind AW all those years, I feel a bit rotten having turned on him in the last 6 months or so and perhaps I should reconsider and stick by what I used to believe in, not get swayed by the huge negative tsunami. But then at times I really want to give him a governess' smack in the face. I'm sure he's counting on me, tirelessly crossing and uncrossing his fingers as to what my opinion of him will be.

08-23-2013, 08:50 AM

Berni
08-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Actually, I don't even think that's true. I don't think it's even that he doesn't care what they think. I don't think he has ever spent any time at all worrying about what fans think - they are simply an irrelevance to him.

This endears him to me. :love:

08-23-2013, 08:59 AM
my music too, although we only have a few thousand fans, compared to AW's millions of aficionados and haters. If you compare it to music, you do what you feel is right and f**k everyone else. If it comes out great and everyone likes it, then even better. If not, tough tits. We don't charge 100 quid for tickets though and our band is our band, Arsenal isn't solely the manager's property.

Berni
08-23-2013, 09:01 AM
whilst also booing your act. AW does. As long as people keep paying, why should he give a flying one what they think?

08-23-2013, 09:13 AM
pretty sick. Unless they were made up of 11 Nasri's or something. I've never done it, no matter how pissed off I may have been. Rant and rave all you like on the internet - big deal, no one gives a f**k, it's a platform/soapbox for the modern day idiot as it is.

Bromley Gooner
08-23-2013, 12:35 PM