PDA

View Full Version : Big hitch in the Flamini deal

Chief Arrowhead
08-22-2013, 07:12 PM
he'll only come back if Eboue returns also.

slow&low
08-22-2013, 07:13 PM

Chief Arrowhead
08-22-2013, 07:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5mj0Huxajk

Eddie!!!

How's Cambuur looking this season?

slow&low
08-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Cambuur promoted to the Dutch Eredivisie last season after becoming (rather luckily I must say) champions of the first division. Last weekend a brilliant Cambuur side beat (until then unbeaten) FC Groningen 4-1 at home. On the down side, Cambuur is almost broke. But they have been years now, so no news there.

Hows you? Everything OK in the midwest?

Chief Arrowhead
08-22-2013, 07:39 PM
We don't get many Erevidisie matches here, unfortunately.

Things are great here. In fact this has been the best summer weather-wise in the last 20 years. ONly about one week of really hot weather.

Seen a lot of Scandinavian types at the local Harley Davidson dealership this summer. They fly in here, rent bikes, and then go out to trace the old Route 66 through Missouri, Oklahoma, etc. YOu did something similar as I recall? Or was that something you always wanted to do.

Many businesses have popped up along the Route, recreating diners and hotels as they were back then. Our "ancient history" goes back 60 years :hehe:

slow&low
08-22-2013, 07:50 PM
been there, done that! :-) I drove the Route 66 trough Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri back in 98. Then there was almost nothing left of the ancient history of the midwest.

Good to hear everything is well in Missouri. But do you reckon I'm a Viking? I'M NOT A BLOODY SCANDINAVIAN. Friesland is a long way from Scandinavia and I never wore sandals. So there.

Chief Arrowhead
08-22-2013, 09:00 PM
I certainly didn't mean to infer that you were in any way a Scandinavian!

Since '98 some folks have bought up the old, decrepit facilities and renovated them to satisfy the increasing number of foreign visitors exploring the 'Mother Road'.

Here's one:

http://www.wagonwheel66cuba.com/