PDA

View Full Version : hehe Wenger on transfers

Pat Vegas
08-21-2013, 07:48 AM
"There is nothing to explain," Wenger said. "First of all, you don't know what we have done, you don't know if we did bid and you have come to a conclusion without knowing everything that has happened.

"It is quite amazing that all of the people don't know and yet they always have opinions about things they don't know.

"I won't explain to you what happened. It is not down to me to explain to you everything I do. It is impossible.

"If we do a transfer, we will announce it. We always inform you. As for the rest, you have to leave us to do our own things.

Good of them to let us know if they sign someone. Otherwise it might be a bit odd when they are in the starting line up

Peter
08-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Partly true. Most people would observe that transfers over the last 8 years, in and out, have seriously f**ked us over. Not arsene though :hehe:

Poor bugger. He is in a hopeless position that is just impossible to defend. If only our midfield made such a sterling defensive effort :-)

The Tony
08-21-2013, 07:55 AM

gco40203
08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
it will be a rare treat if we actually sign someone that everyone can rest assured that we will know about it.

His statements are bizarre. Either we haven't bid for various players in which case they seem even more idiotic for not getting on with it or they have made bids but they have clearly been below the player value and not been able to agree anything with anyone which means they are pissing about instead of getting the job done.

The reality of football is that there is such thing as a rate book or retail recommended price. Players cost what the seller and buyer can agree. Yet it seems we seem to put values on players which invariably are lower than selling club wants and then we don't do deal as player is overpriced. Its a joke way of doing business because now everybody nows we are desperate and instead of putting £5million on the price they are putting £10m.