PDA

View Full Version : 'kin 'ell, it must be bad! I find myself agreeing with Adrian Durham

Deleted Account
08-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Quote:

I could do a better job than Arsene Wenger.
I certainly wouldnt have sold Robin van Persie to Manchester United.
And this summer I would have destabilised Spurs, signed big players to build a new spine of the team and prepared properly for the new season. Its not rocket science.

Wenger hasnt been doing his job properly for a while now.

Manchester City, Chelsea and United were all installing new managers after last season ended but instead of using his years of experience to get involved in the market ahead of his top-four rivals this summer, Wenger did nothing.
He seems to have got it into his head that the season starts when the transfer window closes. That means no money was spent and no signings made to strengthen the starting line-up.
I would have done the following things: firstly, mess Spurs up. As soon as the summer started I would have made a massive bid for Gareth Bale, well aware it probably wouldnt have been accepted, just to make sure Tottenham's best player was unsettled all summer, give them a headache and potentially put players off moving to White Hart Lane.

I would then have gone straight in for Zlatan Ibrahimovic at PSG. He loves a move, loves to be the main man, and thats exactly what he would be at Arsenal.
I would have met Marouane Fellainis release clause at Everton and stiffened up the midfield with the big-haired Belgian.
Julio Cesar would have been moving across London from QPR that was a no-brainer.
And I would have made a move for Thiago Silva, who was clearly unsettled at PSG at the start of the summer (everyone I spoke to in Rio de Janiero thought he would be leaving the French capital).

Had the board put obstacles in the way I would have threatened to resign and gone public so the fans knew I had tried to do the best for them.
I would then have had a wanted list of good players to beef up the squad (having got rid of the seemingly endless list of overrated, overpaid players brought in by Wenger).

These players would have been in ready for pre-season, and would have travelled on the summer tour. They would also have been a better bet to beat Aston Villa on day one, and there would be no nervousness ahead of the Champions League crunch tie with Fenerbahce.
I would have done all of this because the team needs to improve and needs to be challenging for the title and the Champions League again. Its what the fans deserve.

This summer Wenger and Arsenal Football Club have pursued a policy that has left them uncompetitive. The club is taking advantage of the fans love for Arsenal and that is appalling.

Villa manager Paul Lambert gave Wenger a lesson in management this weekend: he somehow stopped Christian Benteke signing for Premier League rivals this summer and one of his new signings, Antonio Luna, scored a goal at the Emirates.

The side Wenger fielded on Saturday wasnt fit for purpose the fans paid good money and deserve some sort of refund.
Arsenal had a goalkeeper who looks bereft of his biggest asset confidence. In front of him was a fragile back four left unprotected because the manager hasnt replaced defensive midfielder Alex Song who left last year.
The best player, Jack Wilshere, faces another season of being completely rinsed because the squad is too thin to cope without him. Overplaying Wilshere leads to injury I know that so why doesnt Wenger?
The thin squad also meant that Santi Cazorla couldnt be fully rested after his mammoth trip to Ecuador in midweek, and Wenger was forced to call on the Spaniard from the bench when the game was slipping away.
And up front, Olivier Giroud is decent but hes not RvP and hes not Sergio Aguero. The Gunners are desperate for a truly top-class striker.
I would have done all of this, so why didnt Wenger? Why wasnt he ready for the start of the season again (remember the 8-2 at United in 2011 a few days before the window shut that led to panic buys like Andre Santos)? Why has he put in bids for players he knows will not be accepted? Its an embarrassing way to run Arsenal.
The manager has a duty of care to the club, the team and the fans. The club are earning interest on the huge amount of cash in the bank but the team is mismanaged and the fans are being ignored, or even worse, taken for granted.
I honestly believe I could manage Arsenal better than Arsene Wenger.
He used to be brilliant, but he isnt any more.

seasider7
08-20-2013, 11:49 PM

Remi Garde
08-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Bid for Bale, threaten to resign and then sign Imbrahimovic and Thiago Silva :headwand:

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
08-20-2013, 11:53 PM
I'd go round the back and shoot myself. :-)

bostonbrian
08-21-2013, 12:00 AM
:hide:

08-21-2013, 12:01 AM

bostonbrian
08-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Being controversial and getting noticed is key in the sports talk game...he's clearly good at that imo

08-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Just riles lowest common denominator folk. Like me.

Chief Arrowhead
08-21-2013, 01:48 AM

Chief Arrowhead
08-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Still, in your warped mind you are Mr. Arsenal. Douchebag.

Chief Arrowhead
08-21-2013, 01:56 AM
:****er:

seasider7
08-21-2013, 02:50 AM
Silly old plastic.

Chief Arrowhead
08-21-2013, 02:58 AM

Peter
08-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Ok, i will tell you who i would have signed and when, with no real reference to whether the player would want to come or not.

Its not f**king championship manager. Durham is a f**king cock who knows nothing about the game.

The A*ntöniö
08-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Roland-Thane wrote on Wed, 21 August 2013 00:29

Quote:

I would have done the following things: firstly, mess Spurs up. As soon as the summer started I would have made a massive bid for Gareth Bale, well aware it probably wouldnt have been accepted, just to make sure Tottenham's best player was unsettled all summer, give them a headache and potentially put players off moving to White Hart Lane.

Why has he put in bids for players he knows will not be accepted? Its an embarrassing way to run Arsenal.

:hehe: