PDA

View Full Version : Willian and Lamela

9Pettifor
08-20-2013, 12:23 PM
So how good are these two really? Willian has 2 caps for Brazil and Lamela has 3 for Argentina. I can name at least 10 very very average players who have more caps than that for these countries

All these Spurs fans who are claiming they are happy to wave Bale off are kidding themselves. Bale is the third best player in the world and whats stopping these two signing being another two Holtbys (Same hype around him when they brought him in)

Obviously Spurs are doing much better than us in the transfer market and credit to them for trying to strengthen, but talking about them as title challengers with or without Bale? Get real

Peter
08-20-2013, 12:24 PM
How much?

9Pettifor
08-20-2013, 12:26 PM
I believe Santos has found himself a club now, however Veron may be available

redgunamo
08-20-2013, 12:27 PM

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
08-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Willian also quality, would be in the Brazil squad if he played in a league with more exposure - although he does have potential issues with off the pitch 'activities'

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
08-20-2013, 12:31 PM
They have bought well in midfield and Soldado gives them more up front where they were very light last year. Creativity with Willian (have they signed him?) and presumably the Belgian gives them something there also. Perhaps light in defence but Paulinho and Capoue will help there.

Title challengers? No. City or United will win that.

9Pettifor
08-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Well yeah that's my point. "is meant to be very talented". We don't really know do we? And it was the same with Holtby, wasn't he meant to be very talented also and Wenger was a fool for not signing him.

Willian had some good games in the Champions League for Shakhtar but from everything I have read, was very underwhelming for Anzi and if he continues to refuse to adapt to any other culture but his own, will surely struggle to settle in England too.

Who knows, maybe they will both end up being world beaters. But right now, just strikes me as classic Spurs fans hyping up players because they scored a few goals on Fifa with them

'Neg
08-20-2013, 12:34 PM
in the Belgian league he was, but can't see him setting Yurp alight.

Stroller
08-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Always linked with big clubs, but ending up at rich Russian one's with revolving doors. I haven't seen him play much, and he may turn out to be a good buy. But if he is a genuine £30 million player would have thought he would be better placed by now.

9Pettifor
08-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Yes they may well be stronger than last year overall, but they probabaly would have signed Paulinho and Soldado anyway, regardless of the selling of Bale. So are they better off keeping Bale or signing Willian and Lamela... No brainer