PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday could change the entire history of our club. Rub chin

One Wilf Copping
08-19-2013, 11:06 PM
I hope we win, and our best (fit) XI should still be strong enough to hold-off Fener's ragtag bunch of Premiership cast-offs and journeymen and to set up the second leg at home, BUT if we lose two or three nil, then Wenger's position will be untenable.

If Wenger walks or is forced out by fan pressure, then I think Silent Stan would sell up. His entire business model is inspired by Wenger's previous buy low/sll successes. No Wenger, then no business case.

The current transfer incompetence could in fact be the inadvertent catalyst for a new Alsher Usmanov era.

Out of the frying pn ino the....?

Arsenes' Wanger- Bring back Modd
08-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Burn Motherf**ker Burn.

Stroller
08-19-2013, 11:24 PM
It may seal his destiny when his contract comes up next year, and perhaps motivate the Russian to make a final push for ownership. Although it would be a painful season for fans football wise we are still a huge business enterprise whether we like it or not and crisis has to be managed.

One Wilf Copping
08-19-2013, 11:45 PM
can you imagine the atmosphere at the next home game if we take a hammering???

It'll be poisonous...

It's the cocktail of arrogance and incompetence which has brought us to a point where we have just 14 or 15 available senior players and potentially relying on youth players like Gnabry or Zellalem to help save our season before it's even really begun.

Stroller
08-20-2013, 12:06 AM
the whole scene changes. Especially if we make a couple of goodish signings as well. The home game atmosphere is largely governed by what is happening on the pitch at the time. If we start winning home games then there won't be any significant poison. If we lose or even draw when expected to win it's different.

On Saturday (I was there) the protests have been much over stated. The only significant chant was the 'usual spend some f*ckin money' when the third goal went in. At the end there was some booing, but mainly aimed at the ref.

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
08-20-2013, 06:02 AM
If we go out of the Champions League and then lose at home to 5pur2....then I can see riots breaking out at the Emirates...

:banghead:

Bergkamp's Brain
08-20-2013, 06:20 AM