PDA

View Full Version : Email from Arsene, I'm the only one that gets it so here you go

Dorset Gooner
08-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Dear Arsenal supporter,

It was a big disappointment to lose the game on Saturday. We started the game well and then suddenly everything went against us so it is a big blow. Not only did we lose the game but we have a few injuries and many kicks. However, we had some lively moments and kept going until the end and that's what we have to focus on and forget the referee. Even when we had 10 men we had chances to come back to 2-2.
We were all very disappointed. We want our fans to be happy. When you don't achieve that, you feel absolutely sorry and really disappointed.
In terms of transfers, we were on the market before the game and we are on the market after the game. But I have to look at the solution at the start of the game. Could we have won the game with the players we have? I say yes.
We take our work seriously and believe me, we analyse every single player in the world. We work 24 hours a day for that. When we make decisions, we take it seriously. People try to think we do not want to spend. We want to. We are ready to buy players.
The team are now focused on Wednesday night and getting a positive result against Fenerbahce in Istanbul. It is a crucial match of course, and we will give everything we can to succeed there.

Ashberto
08-19-2013, 02:29 PM

Deleted Account
08-19-2013, 02:54 PM
analysis paralysis

gco40203
08-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Exactly they analyse players to the point where they conclude he is not perfect and not worth the money. If only they could be quite so analytical about our own players. The thing they seem to keep missing is that you don't need to buy superstars. Getting players as good as what we already have in the squad is sometimes enough. It gives the squad more depth, it challenges the existing players to perform consistently and it motivates players to be even better and keep ahead of their direct squad competitors. It also brings freshness and hunger to the club.

How come manu add so frequently to their squad even though they win the league so often ? For exactly the above reasons and then they supplement that with top quality players once in a while as needed. All the top clubs do it except us. We seem to rest on our laurels ....yet have no laurels to rest on.

We have released about 15 players from our first team squad over last couple of years and bought in about half dozen. It doesn't stack up. The quality of our bench on saturday clearly demonstrated that deficiency.