PDA

View Full Version : Who would have thought Modd would be the sage, intelligent and, dare I say it, *reasonable* one

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
08-19-2013, 09:02 AM
out of the lot of you?

Dorset Gooner
08-19-2013, 09:05 AM
we were at home to Villa not a top 6 side. Even with the inept ref we should have been able to get something out of the game.
We are not nasty enough, far too fluffy imo.

08-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Doesn't deserve the rampant tooth-gnashing and outright histrionics currently evident among the Arsenal fan base who are shrieking judgement day baloney from the rafters as if it was the end of times.

It's f**king embarrassing.

Dorset Gooner
08-19-2013, 09:08 AM
but I think the majority can see we have issues that need addressing.

modd
08-19-2013, 09:10 AM
It was a bad day where everything that could go wrong did but its the first game of long season so to see some go overboard is just silly.

We have two weeks to spend the dosh and i rather wait and judge us at end of that then before .

08-19-2013, 09:10 AM
By all means question constructively Wenger's position (and that of the board) if we get to September 3rd and are out of the CL with an understrength squad, but the current dramatics achieve absolutely nothing other than separating the wheat from the chaff, and creating a horrible, poisonous atmosphere.

08-19-2013, 09:11 AM
And it's shocking that so few see it.

modd
08-19-2013, 09:15 AM
any defeat gives them chance to explain why he should go. Also i do understand their are others who are pissed about not winning anything for eight years. Your right that is amazing so few see that we should see what happens in the next two weeks before judging.

But to see reaction after one game was just amazing. Anyway that is football fans for you.

modd
08-19-2013, 09:16 AM

Pat Vegas
08-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Fans are pissed off. Even some of the biggest defenders of the club are having enough.

There are big glaring problems that haven't been fixed. We can wait to the deadline day but what will change.

It's not even the result of the game. I am worried with what I see on the pitch. As I said earlier the fun and enjoyment is gone. Supporting Arsenal now is a constant bore of moaning and I don't even have any excuses to come back to other fans when they are winding me up. This continual qualifying for a competition we have no chance of winning really is nothing to brag about.

modd
08-19-2013, 09:21 AM
annoying and we be too slow to bring in players. But i would say that reaction to defeat on saturday was not just to do with the game or lack of action in summer but at times the over priced charges for tickets these days and way fans are treated badly by the club.

Also i know you say we can,t win champions league but in my view while you in any competistion their always a chance to win it. Look at wigan in fa cup or dortmund run in europe last season.

08-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Some people just want to have their cake and eat it, is all.

I admit that if the squad looks like this once the transfer window shuts and we have been knocked out of the CL then that would be the time to start thinking about a push for a regime change - or at least a drastic rethink about how the club is being run.

Wenger still has plenty of time to bring in some quality signings, and we still 'could' win against Fulham and beat Fenerbahce over two legs. All that we know is that we have suffered a league defeat. That's it.

I get that it's frustrating that we don't have any much-needed signings yet, but they have to be on their way. They must. And if they don't then some grave mistakes have been made, for which those in charge should be accountable.

Pat Vegas
08-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Then the excuse for that is Chelsea came along and changed the game.

But we haven't bought anybody!
There are all these reports for 40 million bids for Saurez.
We were in for Higuain.
We've signed Sanogo.

08-19-2013, 09:30 AM
That's the whole point. We haven't yet, but we still might.

Sure it's a bit embarrassing us being led up the garden path during this whole Suarez fiasco, and us missing out on Higuain now seems like an aberration, but there is plenty of time to redeem the situation.

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
08-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Fans were asking the obvious for 2 months now. What will happen after an injury or a sending off?? It was theory and it happened x3 from the first game. Now we are a team of 12-13 first team players. And this after the manager has said we "are a bit thin" for 55 games BUT we cannot find anyone to improve this team!! The whole planet has 0 players as per our manager. He is stubborn and acts as if he's doing it on purpose just to prove everyone wrong. Improvement is not only bringing better players than the ones you have. Adding to your depth with a 3rd choice player DOES improve your team FCOL. Depth provides cover AND alternative solutions when something is not working during the game i.e. bring on a quality striker as a sub etc.

08-19-2013, 09:48 AM
No-one is trying to forgive the mistakes of this summer, just remind everyone that Wenger has continuously done remarkably well, consistently, and one loss is not a big enough reason to turn on him after nearly two decades of stunning work.

08-19-2013, 10:00 AM
favor (no star leaving for a rival, rivals changing managers, deadwood leaving, plenty of cash for once)...Fans can't be fed the excuse that "show me a better player than the ones I have and I will buy him"...It's like he thinks all fans are morons Half. I love him and appreciate him for everything he has done for us but his stubbornness is getting worse by the year...

08-19-2013, 10:02 AM
He says what he *has* to say based on numerous factors.

And it was just a game. Just three points lost. Not nice, and potentially could have been averted if we had made earlier signings, but that's it. Nothing more.

If we beat Fulham and Fenerbahce then Arsenal are back to being in a good spot. If the team is then augmented with quality signings, then things are potentially great.

08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
for Wenger. There will be riots...