PDA

View Full Version : it was clear for me

1 up 2 down
08-18-2013, 07:48 AM
that this summer's spending spree would depend on 1 of 2 things.
a) as we only managed to scrape into the UCL qualifying stages, AW wasn't going to commit too much of the available finances until he knew we had managed to get into the group stages...bit like last time we were in this position. this obviously shows the level at which AW focuses his attention (certainly not domestic)....even though we all know we have a squad that would be extremely fortunate to get through the groups, let alone past the first knock out stage.
and b) i wouldn't be too surprised if AW has mentally decided to end his tenure at Arsenal at the end of this season and, thus, doesn't want to leave his choices of players on his replacement but give him the chance to spend the riches on players he might like to bring in.

i've supported Arsenal for over 40yrs, seen the good and the bad but like everything in life, it eventually needs replacing. i think we are definitely at this point.

Dorset Gooner
08-18-2013, 07:52 AM
A. *******s
B. *******s

Mack
08-18-2013, 07:56 AM

Mack
08-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Is it 'bollox' or '*******s' ? Quite like 'bollix' in polite company..

unavailable super quality poster
08-18-2013, 12:39 PM
in his post match interview when asked about the ref wenger stated he didn't care,he also seemed dissilusioned with transfers, stating it wasn't his money and that it wasn't solely down to him, i think he has one foot out the door mentally and i wouldn't be surprised to see him walk before the end of the season.