PDA

View Full Version : I suppose if Wenger wants to win the fans over he could could always go in for Falcao

Bergkamp's Brain
08-18-2013, 06:24 AM
I'm guessing that he is the top, top, top quality player that Wenger want, or is he? Monaco seem to have really shafted themselves and he might even cost less than £51M, given the circumstances. What an ideal way for Wenger to apologise for the shambles that has been the summer up until now :hehe:

maltese gooner
08-18-2013, 06:38 AM

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
08-18-2013, 07:04 AM
well knackered and bereft of any inspiration, a grumpy old football deity, who used to be the Andy Warhol of all things exciting and new, but is now a stagnant Vladimir Ilich Lenin, TERRIFIED of relinquishing the MASSIVE power he has been given at this club. Some of his apologists may STILL peddle tired and mouldy excuses on his behalf, certifying the rest of us as uneducated morons, but people like that obviously have ZERO clue about the Arsenal's history and workings. They're not Arsenal fans, they're Arsene Wenger fans. Smug, arrogant and almost comically ignorant. Sadly, it could end pretty ugly for AW, but he set it up this way, displaying at every instance an utter disdain for the club's fans....That's ok, but some of those people have grown up around Highbury and have been going to games since the war and they sure as hell are a million times more Arsenal than that Corsican snob. You have two weeks Arsene, I pray it doesn't turn ugly, it would be a horrendous shame.

Nicosia Gooner
08-18-2013, 07:21 AM
much as you, if not more.

Don't you ever accuse us of such crap ever again.

Arsenal is in my blood, I have watched and supported Arsenal and lot more than you could ever dream, yes age comes in to it but don't tell me what it means to be an Arsenal fan.

There is no worse feeling for me than when Arsenal lose and I don't need this crap from you or others like you.

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
08-18-2013, 07:36 AM
you're a MUCH BIGGER Arsenal supporter than me (i've been to about 400 games, which is nothing to brag about when compared to some of the old boys, but i've given some support too) just as other people on here "understand" football much more than me and probably have bigger cocks too. I don't care about us losing the first game of the season, these things happen. But i am really sick of that smug egomaniac now, who has lost his mojo. If you think one man is bigger than the club and we should argue like idiots about him, then there's something very wrong here. For the past few years it's been WENGER WENGER WENGER! The small matter of a club actually being far bigger than any individual seems to have been obliterated on here. Sin loi!

Nicosia Gooner
08-18-2013, 07:47 AM
manager in the club's history and those that disagree isn't because it isn't factual but because it doesn't support their views.

Not only he has given us the great part of our history but it is also clear what input he had in the new stadium. He deserves a lot more respect, no the vulgar abuse he is currently getting from many idiots.

Yes I agree 100% about his lack of buying players but I am prepared to wait until the transfer deadline.

What happened yesterday was a disaster but these things do happen in football occasionally, we hate it but look forward with optimism.

We had a lot of bad luck with Arteta getting injured but have played without Arteta many times before and won, our bench yesterday was pretty strong so don't blame it on not having a strong enough squad, not for this match anyway.

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
08-18-2013, 08:45 AM
He put all the pressure on the team and his players. You could see that from the beginning of the match that the players knew they had to win this. Is it possible that he cannot find a single player from all over the planet that can improve this team? And improvement is not only finding better players than the ones you have. It means adding to your depth as well. Get another GK, another CD, another DM and another CF. He's got the cash for the first time, no star left for a rival and he does this to the team? Why? I love him and respect him for being the best manager we ever had, but his transfer philosophy has become a joke.

Nicosia Gooner
08-18-2013, 08:56 AM
deserve that vulgar abuse he gets from many idiotic fans.

In my opinion we should wait and see what happens by 1st September.

Yes fans have the right to be critical, of course they do, but to verbally abuse him, some extremely vulgar, its just so wrong.

Some even wished him dead and that isn't one of those things that we say and regret later as they said on more than one occasion.

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
08-18-2013, 10:14 AM
There are many that think it is about one man, hence they constantly attack Wenger. The real truth is there is a lot that is rotten, and the manager is only part of it.

The other thing is being rude and abusive to other awimbers doesn't change what is rotten within the club. It is possible to disagree on here whilst still being civil to each other, after all, the majority of us on her are lifelong gooners who've been through the **** with the club for well over 8 years! The difference this time is that there has been one consistent mananger when things have not been good.

Finishing 3rd and 4th is not a disaster in the great scheme of things, it's only become so because for seven year under Wenger we had and expected better. I bet had we won a title or the odd cup during the last 8 years there wouldn't be so much vitriol and anger. He's presided over the best of The Arsenal but can you honestly say he's presided over the worst? I don't think so.

I'm not saying accept what we're getting, cos its defo not good enough, it's not the standard that Wenger set. BUT it's still been better than the standards set by some others at this club. AND at a time when there was a much greater even playing field.

I think that people just need to get some perspective and if they want change have the balls to take it to the source, let them know how you feel, rather than taking it out on other supporters and spouting nonsense about who's an Arsenal or Wenger supporter.

I for one am grateful for what he helped bring to the club, so for that he retains my respect but I can also accept when time is up. I'd have no problem saying that to him or any on the board. They need to be spoken to also.

For me, this is the last season of his contract, turn things around, bring players in that meet our high standards, stop lowering our standards to fit the players that you bring in. If you can't change it then go with my thanks for the good time but im not paying money for more of the same. I'm wise enough to know that getting another manager and spending loads of money is not going to guarantee us a ****load of titles and trophies but at least it will be fresh eyes looking at the problem.