PDA

View Full Version : Can someone reassure me, please, cos I have a very bad feeling.....

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-17-2013, 07:31 PM
I haven't been an AKB but I certainly haven't been an Arsene-outer.

I just honestly reckon that these few poor seasons could have destroyed our future like Liverpool's was by their first yank owners.

With ManU, Chave and City's money the gap may be unbridgeable.

It's not like when we had 3-4 world class players and a couple more could have made us serious contenders. We have a squad of £15m players and we'd need to upgrade most of them to be proper challengers again.

Fail to beat Fener loses us £25m. Ditto not getting top 4. That's the Suarez/Higuain/Ivan's-top-drawer money gone.

Harder to attract top players, and Sperz could overtake us.

I reckon we could have left this gamble a couple of seasons too late.

Contract f**k-ups, donkeys on top dollar, weak commercial deals, poor signings, injuries and a failure to invest have left us with too much to do.

Bar a great generation of young players and a few cheapish signings that turn out to be world class (Vieira, Titi, even RVP) and I can't see us ever closing the gap.

Basically, it would cost Stan too much, and if he earns more money for himself with us coming 5th or 6th, then he'll take the money. It's the mentality of the US franchise owners.

Letting the squad get this thin was asking for it. So is refusing to spend more than 2m on a keeper and playing Manuel and the poles. Downgrading Cesc, Nasri and RVP for Arteta, Poldi and Olly without improving elsewhere (with the poss exception of Santi) means we are an upper mid-table team.

That was basically first choice, and whatever you say about the ref, we deserved to lose at home to Villa.

I just reckon the money came on board a season or two too late.

Having zero net spend while over-paying the donkeys and not getting lucky with any singing (Arshavin, Gerv etc), coupled with spending big on players with future potential (Feo, Ox) without having a strong enough team to bring them in slowly has created this f**ked up situation.

You can tell me to stop moaning and support the team, which is fine. It's your prerogative an you'd be right to do so.

But the Chelsea/City money totally screwed the plan, and we tried to cut it too fine.

We used to have Ade/RVP and Wiltord/Kanu on the bench.

We have no cover at CH, no cover for Arteta etc and this is our fault, as is the money we wasted on wages for ****ers.

Injuries haven't helped over the years but we can't blame that.

I reckon City and Chavs have buggered the new stadium gamble. Without them, we'd still be top 3 and would be able to turn things around.

Lose the last CL spot and we never recover.

But 7 years of **** goalies is a joke.The squad is far too thin, and we have far too few top quality players.

The manager's gone mad and the owner only cares about the bottom line.

Please reassure me - I've feared this for the last two years, and it's dawning on me that like Liverpool, we may never win the league again.

I was happy at Highbury in the mid-80s, but the new stadium and the gap that CL qualification makes means we're not gonna go from mid-table to champs with a some decent kids coming through and a couple of Div 2 diamonds (like Dixon and Bould.)

And while Stan can sell out the stadium and the TV money (both domestic and intl) keeps going up, he has no incentive to try to bridge the gap.

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
08-17-2013, 07:34 PM
bought heavily this Summer, and then again, still, cite them as a reason for impeding us to do so .....How elementary is that? Pff

Alexism - Atheoist
08-17-2013, 07:34 PM
There there.

(Best I can do. Words are worthless and all the actions we've seen so far from Stan-Ivan-Arsene are why you said what you did.)

There there...

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-17-2013, 07:42 PM
:hehe:

If only a cup run felt like it used to, and if we still had the CWC.

If we hadn't had the great CL nights, then getting to the Eufa cup quarter-final would seem like heaven.

But that shiny new stadium without any hope of winning the league? Without CL football? Could make for a nasty atmosphere.

We cut it too fine, and our owner is not going to spunk a fortune on Bergy and Platt like the last time we dropped below sperz to mid-table.

Peter
08-17-2013, 08:32 PM
:hehe: