PDA

View Full Version : Thank f**k for that...dodging that bullet feels so f**king good. Clound Nine

CrossGun
08-16-2013, 06:59 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/16/luis-suarez- liverpool-apology-training (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/16/luis-suarez-liverpool-apology-training)

Still need a striker, obviously, just delighted that it won't be ****rez. :wave:

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
08-16-2013, 07:03 PM

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
08-16-2013, 07:08 PM

08-16-2013, 07:10 PM

CrossGun
08-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Who knows what the f**k will happen, but i'm certain we'll be making 3-5 signings before the window closes. It might help that the majority of our budget isn't swallowed by a despicable c**t who is banned for the first six games at the very least. There has gotta be a plan in action, they couldn't possibly be this negligent, surely?

'Neg
08-16-2013, 07:11 PM

08-16-2013, 07:12 PM
that old record called "Arsene", my dear fellow.

Monty91
08-16-2013, 07:18 PM

08-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Cazorla quality we lost robin van persie quality though...

David Pleat AHADF (Royal Welsher and monkey lover)
08-16-2013, 07:23 PM
which is well within the range plus United would no doubt rather sell to Arsenal that Chelsea.

Monty91
08-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Or at least that was the consensus about him until 3 years ago, so why should we listen to anything our fans say?

08-16-2013, 07:34 PM
better, with our "shiny new stadium and being self-sustainable" and all that. I'm far from thinking we're doomed, but if it REALLY comes down to one or two million difference to get a transfer done (again, that's what the various "sources" keep saying, but they can't ALL be wrong) then that is really pathetic and in case you haven't noticed Arsene hasn't had much luck with most of his "gambles" in recent years. From "Stoke aren't that dangerous from throw-ins" to risking certain players when not fully fir, to trying to get by on breadcrumbs. I like our current squad, but they are quite a way below the top 3.

Monty91
08-16-2013, 07:39 PM
no-one finishes closer to them, every year, than us. Does that not tell you that we're doing a lot right, and not a lot wrong?

08-16-2013, 07:53 PM
of the season and early Summer and it looks like it'll be coming back to haunt them big time in a couple of weeks. The proletariat feel angry and cheated and the black scarves will be selling in their thousands soon :yikes:

Peter
08-16-2013, 08:00 PM
We should be.c

Monty91
08-16-2013, 08:03 PM
to your usual brainless rhetoric.

Even if indeed we do have more money to play with now, this does not help the immediate fact that we are unable to offer a high chance of trophies to prospective signings, nor even the guarantee of Champions League football.

The fact is that Wenger is largely happy with the squad. If we can improve it with some top, top quality signings then we will. But that it not necessarily easy for the reasons outlined above.

And you can point to so-called top signings other clubs have made, but I will simply ask you once again the last time any of these clubs finished above us.

Monty91
08-16-2013, 08:06 PM
to a certain degree (which I think we all accept), then arguably we have overachieved, since we've consistently been out-spent by several other clubs and always finished above them.

If indeed we do now have increased financial firepower to the levels reported, and we continue to finish 4th, then yes, 4th is where we should be.

08-16-2013, 08:24 PM
I'd peruse your very own amazing back catalogue of claptrap and sanctimonious buffoonery before waving my todger about. Some of us weren't born yesterday, you bitey ****. :-)

Monty91
08-16-2013, 08:27 PM

08-16-2013, 08:36 PM
you do love, shall we say, mischievous interpretations of what other people have said in order to add a few more inches to your "points". Just saying.

Peter
08-16-2013, 08:36 PM
I could just as easily argue that we underachieve in ration to our wage bill.

I wouldnt and you know my views. Just saying.

Incidentally.....can we agree to not talk about our financial firepower until we see some evidence of it.

Monty91
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
because it means that Wenger manages to build squads that are 1) cheap 2) contain players good enough to finish 4th, whilst being cheap and 3) contain players good enough to command the wages you need to pay for players that are good enough to finish 4th, whilst being cheap.

If anything, that is more evidenve of us overachieving. Not only do we buy players on the cheap, but we buy players on the cheap who are good enough to pay big wages!

I get it when you talk about clubs that also spend a lot of money on transfer fees, but in the case of Arsenal, our wage bill is largely irrelevant.

Monty91
08-16-2013, 08:51 PM

08-16-2013, 08:58 PM
an idiotic pro-and-anti-wenger (which is ultimately what you're shaping this into every single time) thesis/debate on Friday night? I promise to answer them to your satisfaction during the day tomorrow. Of course no answer in opposition to your view will ever suffice...I much preferred it when you were you and not Arsene's ventriloquist dummy. (No offence meant,guilianotti). Mmmm, this is getting romantic.