PDA

View Full Version : Cavani weighs in on the Suarez debacle hehe

Lord Roose Bolton
08-10-2013, 09:07 PM
“The Liverpool coach can talk about loyalty and disrespect, but maybe he needs to look up what it means.

“Luis had the chance last year to join a big club like Juventus, who went on to win the league in Italy.

“But, instead, he chose to stay and fight with Liverpool. Now, that’s what you call loyalty.

“I’ve known about his agreement with Liverpool and understood that he would be leaving, if they were not playing in the Champions League.”

Ashberto
08-10-2013, 09:17 PM
anything.

They know because they'd been on the wrong end of similar clauses twice before - with Christian Ziege and Gabriel Heinze. Suarez would be right to feel tricked, although his agent should have known better, and perhaps Arsenal should have known better than to have believed it.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-10-2013, 09:19 PM
have lied to Suarez is a bit rich :hehe:

Dorset Gooner
08-10-2013, 09:20 PM

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
08-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Of course I reserve the hypocritical right of the football supporter to loudly cheer every goal he scores for us.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-10-2013, 09:22 PM

One Wilf Copping
08-10-2013, 09:22 PM
One Wilf Copping wrote on Fri, 09 August 2013 22:04

Surez should take legal advice, Liverpool are in breach of contract... Gordon Taylor inadvertently confirmed that.

“There is a clause in there that if Liverpool do not qualify for the Champions League and then they receive a minimum offer of 40m, then the parties will ‘agree in good faith to discuss and negotiate in good faith’ and see what transpires,” Taylor said. “It is not a straightforward buyout clause and the contract is open to different interpretations. It doesn’t say there is an automatic trigger for a move.”

All well and good, but dismissing our bids out of hand, refusing to consider ANY offers at all and Liverpool's owner flippantly tweeting to ask what we're smoking doesn't constitute agreeing 'to discuss and negotiate in good faith'.

At the very least, the bin dippers tricked him into thinking he'd have a fair chance of getting a move if he was unsettled or wanted to better himself. Why else include such a clause if the actually have NO intention to consider ANY bids or enter discussions in good faith.

Liverpool are in breach of contract based on Gordon Taylor's comments...

Dorset Gooner
08-10-2013, 09:24 PM
they just didn't bank on a close rival in england as being the destination. If madrid or anyone else overseas had bid he would be long gone.

Dorset Gooner
08-10-2013, 09:25 PM
the owner & manager both say not to arsenal I think we can safely say this transfer to us won't happen.

08-10-2013, 09:28 PM
The likelihood is if no other club comes in for the lad in the next 22 days or whatever then he will come to us.

One Wilf Copping
08-10-2013, 09:29 PM
...so that he forfeits any loyalty bonus or share of the fee. They also want to make Surez out as the villain if he refuses to apologise, so that there's no backlash against the club when he's eventually sold.

Dorset Gooner
08-10-2013, 09:30 PM

Dorset Gooner
08-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Mack
08-10-2013, 09:32 PM

08-10-2013, 09:33 PM
I still struggle to believe that of all the players in world football that Wenger has gone for him and at the money offered.

To be honest I only opened the laptop as I got a text message saying we had signed Gustavo.