PDA

View Full Version : Squad..

Sulk
08-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Looking at this on the official site..

It lacks depth/experieince/quality to sustain a season long drive for serious honours.

Our midfield will get dominated. It's the weakest link.

That is all.

wagoaw (out only, no in)
08-05-2013, 01:21 AM
as though world's ending, AW and co already gave up the title challenge this season. Again the goal is to secure 4th. Based on his assessment of "teams around us" , as he put it, our transfer activities will be limited.

eastgermanautos
08-05-2013, 01:31 AM
about 15 players, so we need to add one or two. Not bad though.

wagoaw (out only, no in)
08-05-2013, 01:40 AM
he may be top quality though, and may not come to us.

eastgermanautos
08-05-2013, 01:48 AM

wagoaw (out only, no in)
08-05-2013, 02:59 AM
a top top top quality striker and a top top quality midfielder are more important I agree.

eastgermanautos
08-05-2013, 05:10 AM
much last season. no-brainer really. and of course we need amother 20 goals. whether that be striker or a fund for bribing officials, I don't know. I leave it up to ivan.

NOT Nicosia. Now banned.
08-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Sagna, Kos, Mert, Vermalen, Spainish left back(perhaps he's not top level)

Wilshere, Arteta, Carzola, Rosicky (if fit, won't be fit)

Up front we have nobody who you could consider top level. Podolski maybe could be under another formation. He's wasted the way we play him at the moment.

To be honest I think the biggest problem we have is that the one area of the team where we do have elite level players in the creative midfield area while they're all far to similar and naturally all are at their best playing that role behind the frontmen but centrally and in front of the other midfielders. We've already seen last season that we're going to struggle big time to fit Jack and Carzola into the same team while getting the best out of both players.

So far then we're in the same position we've been in for most years just prior to the seasons kick off. We're overly hoping that our quite average young players have a massive improvement pretty much straight away and take us to the next level. Basically the Giroud, Walcott's, Ramsey's, Ryo, Gibbs and the keepers. But are those even better than the past players we hyped to the max expected to be the next big thing at this stage of the season, the likes of Bendtner, Denilson, Chamack, Djourou etc? Probably not.