PDA

View Full Version : Yet more calming words from AW.

arse-nick (avid-analogue-addict)
07-27-2013, 05:57 PM
http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/07/27/signing-top-players-n ot-as-easy-as-it-was-admits-arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger/93 420/? (http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/07/27/signing-top-players-not-as-easy-as-it-was-admits-arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger/93420/?)

Redflag
07-27-2013, 06:25 PM
but a good one. Then it's the familiar we have to develop young players ( yawn) ... next thing we will be getting the usual suspects on here predicting a massive improvement in the players who failed last season to beat Bradford in the LC and Blackburn at home in the FAC .

Mo Britain less Europe
07-27-2013, 06:31 PM
I know which is likelier....

Redflag
07-27-2013, 06:47 PM
The supporters have been very patient seeing our best players sold every season, and the false promises that have been made about challenging for the league,domestic cups and Champions League failures in early rounds.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-27-2013, 07:08 PM
significant. Others haven't reinforced mightily and have managerial situations. Even without signings I can see us being higher than 4th, with a good signing or two we can challenge for the title.

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
07-27-2013, 07:16 PM

David Pleat AHADF (Royal Welsher and monkey lover)
07-27-2013, 07:43 PM
have signed some over priced decent talent, United havnt gained or lost anything other than Rooney but they will find someone, and spurs worryingly have made somedecent signings and will hold onto Bale. Arsenal only spluttered and stumbled their way to 4th place last season.

Ciaran
07-27-2013, 07:50 PM
City's squad last year was significantly stronger than ours. Now they have added 100M worth of new talent.

We have brought in some kid who is injury prone. 3 above us must be ****ting in their pants. :hehe:

Arsene and Ivan's agenda is 4th spot. The 3 above us is to win pots.

Redflag
07-27-2013, 07:53 PM
who finished in front of us last season will deteriorate - but we don't know yet if these other clubs will do that or have managerial problems.
City will have spent 100m by the time the window closes - that we do know - unless their manager is lying - and they already have a strong squad. Their manager is foreign but so are most of their players .
Foreign managers have come in and done well in their first season,ask Wenger about it.

Chelsea have Mourinho back and are looking to buy a top striker, I can't see Mourinho struggling to do his job.

United look the likeliest side to slip down the pecking order , but again this is just speculation .

Personally, along with many others, I believe that we need at least 3 good signings, a new GK another CB and a top striker .
This massive improvement in last seasons losers looks very unlikely ,their record against top sides was poor and all the top teams beat the lesser ones .
In that unbeaten league run at the end of the season we only played two decent sides , both games were at home,Everton and United and we failed to beat either. That's why we finished 4th instead of third,as some claimed that we would.
So if you don't mind I will leave the optimism to you and others .
Some good signings would help me feel more optimistic than relying on last seasons flops to improve by 16 points or so in the league.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-27-2013, 08:19 PM
ageing squads, ours can get better but theirs???

City have spent £100 million, but what have they bought for that? And this Pellegrini will take time to learn the ropes.

There is as much chance of Chelsea reinforcing as us - nor proven yet. "God" had a terrible season at Madrid with far larger resources and a better squad than he has at Chelsea. Will take more than Rooney to compensate for the decline of Cole, Terry, Lampard etc. Spurs are simply not a factor. A one and a half man team.

Yes I'm quietly optimistic but a couple of signings would make me more optimistic. Let the others think we are not even dark horses and let's see how it goes.

Stroller
07-27-2013, 08:23 PM

Stroller
07-27-2013, 08:36 PM

gco40203
07-28-2013, 10:58 AM
The reality is that it is the same as it ever was because top players always want to go to top clubs BUT the thing that has changed is that Arsenal are no longer viewed as a top club.