PDA

View Full Version : Suarez/Higuain/Fellaini. The tactical lowdown:

Alfred C. Jolibois, PhD
07-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Suarez.
i can see what Arsene is thinking here. He gives tremendous flexibility and options as a purchase. Pool and Uruguay play him, more often than not, as a straight-up CF. In that sense, he pushes Giroud on the bench. At the same time, when Giroud's height is required, Suarez can easily play on the wing--so at the detriment of Theo or Santi, but more likely these two will always start next year, so this means if all are fit and we need to play Giroud, we have a Suarez/Giroud/Theo forward line, and Santi as play maker. Tasty, to say the least.

Higuain.
As good a finisher as there is now in Europe, but less of a versatile choice than Suarez, as he will presumably only play CF. So either him or Giroud plays, unless we are chasing a game and play two upfront (so an exception.) Suarez is worht more to Arsenal simply because he can play in three positions, when Higuain only plays in one. Both are a guarantee of goals, of course.

Fellaini.
If Cesc is on the radar for next year (or this one), then signing Fellaini is a luxury. Cannot see how Fellaini, Cesc and Jack play in the same team (not even mentioning Santi here.) Unless Arsene sees Fellaini as a replacement for Arteta and intends to convert him in a holding midfielder. Doubtful, but possible (after all, was even less plausible for Arteta and that conversion has been a great success). If no Cesc, than it is a perfect choice: Fellaini and Jack in front of a holding midfield palyer is tremendous. This is what I think the hesitation is about on this one. Arsene would bring Cesc back, but cannot know for sure that he is or will be available.

So, Suarez for me, and Higuian only if we confirm Cesc is not coming.

wagoaw (out only, no in)
07-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Glad that you have stayed away from maths.

Lord Roose Bolton
07-21-2013, 08:06 PM
We dont need anymore midfielders.

andy smith
07-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Last I heard Madrid had accepted a bid from Napoli for Higuain.

gco40203
07-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Suarez won't be sold to us, Higuain doesn't want to come to us and Feliani will go to manure so might as well forget about it. No big star is coming to us. AW and IG have fecked up big time.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
07-21-2013, 08:43 PM

wenger silly stupid clown
07-21-2013, 08:47 PM

wagoaw (out only, no in)
07-21-2013, 08:50 PM

Classic Jorge
07-21-2013, 08:55 PM

andy smith
07-21-2013, 09:04 PM
If Napoli end up paying what's reported, they have probably overpaid...but the problem is there aren't many players available of that quality. That's if you believe all the reports you read - most of which, in reality, are likely to be *******s.