PDA

View Full Version : LOL, the cycle mob are now all over the athletes like flies on **** pointing their fingers

Guns 'n' Roses
07-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Steinar Hoen, chief executive of the Bislett Games organising committee said that there is a difference in what substance people take. "Asafa Powell took a substance that is not illegal in training, so he will probably only get a warning and three months suspension. I have no problem inviting him back to Bislett. Tyson Gay however, if found guilty, has taken substances that qualify for 2 year suspension, substances that will enhance strength, power, speed etc, he will not be invited back."

So the chairman of the Norwegian cycling organisation gets in a serious fit and accuses the athlete leaders of not taking the doping issue seriously.

Ffs, there is a difference between taking coffing medicine and 'roids, innit? :shrug:

PSRB
07-16-2013, 08:28 AM
on the back of taking a brand of nasal spray that in the UK doesn't contain a banned substance but on the continent it does. That's unlucky

Guns 'n' Roses
07-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Anyhow, it's silly, one should be able to use sound judgment. It does very rarely, if ever, happen that alpine skiers get caught using drugs. There isn't really much too gain from it, compared to e.g. steroids for sprinters or EPO for endurance athletes.

PSRB
07-16-2013, 08:35 AM
a downhill skier could gain massively from both, you see how shattered most are in the last 3rd of a downhill

Having met a few though, I'd say they just do it for thrill and for the most part don't take themselves too seriously. More likely to fail for jagermeisters than roids or EPO

Guns 'n' Roses
07-16-2013, 08:42 AM
Alpine skiers must balance strength training with endurance, they're strong as fackin bulls but getting even bigger won't necessarily make them better. It's like gymnastics, it's repetition from when they're 5 years old, the good old 10,000 hrs rule. Skiing though gates, up and down, all day long, every day. On the glaciers in the summer. I can ski. I thought. Until they placed the gates in front of me. I remember I was 5 seconds behind a ten year old kid after the first run in a short giant slalom hill.

Regarding Jägermeister, I don't think Bode Miller is representing all the alpine skiers, though. :hehe:

PSRB
07-16-2013, 08:44 AM
not the same since he retired :-(

'Neg
07-16-2013, 08:52 AM
address issues.

http://china.org.cn/sports/2013-06/15/content_29129765.htm

Guns 'n' Roses
07-16-2013, 08:53 AM

'Neg
07-16-2013, 08:54 AM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/tramlines/shocking-drug- testing-statistics-tennis-revealed-185453980.html (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/tramlines/shocking-drug-testing-statistics-tennis-revealed-185453980.html)

PSRB
07-16-2013, 08:55 AM
ago........Lindsay Vonn :-p

Guns 'n' Roses
07-16-2013, 09:00 AM
But so are all skiers, cross country skiers, jumpers. Oh man, the jumpers, don't get me started on them... :rolleyes:

Matti Nykaenen is the obvious won, but Harri Olli wasn't much better. He came to breakfast before the ski flying competition in Oberstdorf, drunk, straight from a steaming hot party with two females. When the president of the Finnish skiing federation criticised him Harri's reply was: "Well, if he can't get laid he'll have to f*ck himself then."

During the season, I don't think Svindal parties much, though.