PDA

View Full Version : I'm fascinated by this development in the US justice system and wonder whether we are to follow suit

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
07-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Trials are apparently a waste of time. The guilt or innocence of a defendant is now determined by reading the newspaper report of the incident and shouting, "It's obvious he done it!" over and over again.

I guess it will save a lot of money.

Maravilloso Marvo
07-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Could have saved a fortune in t-shirts and posters.

Brentwood
07-15-2013, 01:39 PM
The jury isn't privy to much more information than the general public is.

I'm not including myself in this by the way, as I have read about 0.1% of it. I can tell by their eyes if they're guilty or not anyway as proven by the fact that I nailed Mick Philpott from seeing a picture of him the day of the fire :nod:

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
07-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Much more sensible. A premium rate line, no doubt. The justice cystem can be self-funding.

"To let the murderer, I mean defendant, off, dial 0898 765000, you **** wuss. To hang the swine high, 0898 765001. Get dialling now, and do the right thing!"

Classic Jorge
07-15-2013, 01:51 PM

Ashberto
07-15-2013, 01:54 PM

Guns 'n' Roses
07-15-2013, 01:56 PM

PSRB
07-15-2013, 01:58 PM
*I appreciate that currently he's still not guilty in the eyes of the law

Snin
07-15-2013, 02:06 PM
guarantee an unbiased or true or right or honest decision, now I don't give a flying feck about this case and I'm suprised its got you all flustered..its to hot to give a ****e tbh..but im sure if people are complaining they are complaining about what they may see as a dubious system, im sure if more germans had pointed out slight flaws in some of Germanys court cases in the mid 30's it would have saved us all a lot of bother..nothing wrong with having a shout and asking a question..if the system is in fact fair and decent then im sure they will be open and prove its a fair dilligent way of doing things without any biases...

Alexism - Atheoist
07-15-2013, 02:11 PM
It is completely unfair for some kid, minding his own business, to be stalked by a racist with a gun, confronted by same (claiming he's Neighborhood Watch, despite the police telling him not to approach) and then shot and killed. That's not fair.

But Justice, you have to prove a lot more and charge with the right crime etc. Plus the Stand your Ground law seems a bit dodgy to me (but I haven't really looked into it tbf.)

People are raging at the difference between the two.

Chief Arrowhead
07-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Why do you think he is a racist? Are you going by the 911 tape that ABC doctored to make it seem that he targeted Trayvon because of the color of his skin?

Stand Your Ground was never entered as a defense in any sort of way in the courtroom. It was determined that it didn't apply to this case, but the right of self- defense did.

By the courtroom evidence submitted by the PROSECUTION it was determined that Trayvon, in fact, initiated the confrontation.

Then again, facts aren't exactly your strong suit.

Alexism - Atheoist
07-15-2013, 07:44 PM
so I didn't follow this closely at all.
Nice to know where your priorities are though Chief. :hehe:
Were you mad they pre-empted your soap opera? Happy to be back to it?

Chief Arrowhead
07-16-2013, 05:09 AM
Dumbf**k.

Alexism - Atheoist
07-16-2013, 01:31 PM
"I think" wrt to human behavior as being de facto fact-free.

Your desperate need to get attention and self-validate is SO f**kING SAD! I don't need that sadness and stupidity in my life.

Stay the f**k away from my posts. Inflict yourself on someone else. You are either too stupid to learn or its just a trick to get more attention. Let someone else provide that attention not me.