PDA

View Full Version : Cashed up Napoli are now targetting Higuain, Dont understand why Higs + ¤25m would hve

PET
07-15-2013, 10:26 AM
suited them in the first place for a Cavani deal...

Peter
07-15-2013, 10:41 AM

Billy Goat Sverige
07-15-2013, 10:49 AM
:-)

Classic Jorge
07-15-2013, 10:50 AM

Peter
07-15-2013, 10:51 AM
It isnt flowing today.

Classic Jorge
07-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Is this a clause four moment all over again or is it just Her Majesty's Opposition (do they even realise that's actually their job nowadays?) fighting a spectacularly misdirected battle?

Peter
07-15-2013, 11:05 AM
In a historical sense the labour party exists because of and on behalf of the unions. If unions are getting people nominated, good for them.

In a political sense, distancing the party nd its funds from unionism might sound shrewd.

I was very much on favour of removing clause four, simply because it was *******s, never going to happen and a political noose. This is going to drastically change the make up of the party. Not sure i really want it. I always felt the unions kept the party honest, prevented sways too far in one direction.

I suppose its a modern approach, believing that unions are no longer the collective voice of the labour force. Sad though. My grandfather was born one hundred years ago today. He would be purple with rage at this.

He was a bit of a lefty :-)

Classic Jorge
07-15-2013, 11:11 AM
It'll either lead them to financial ruin, which they arent too far off of at the moment, or into the arms of big funders with much more stringent demands.

They should actually be opposing some of the stuff that the government is trying, at the moment the Lib Dems are effectively the opposition and they are in government too.

7evens
07-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Scargill saw to that..

Classic Jorge
07-15-2013, 11:21 AM
I mean, you're so right wing you keep tripping over the advertising hoardings but I'm not sure the general public necessarily see it like that. Or for that matter have much idea how the unions and the party are intertwined.

Also, you have to remember that Scargill was 30 years ago now. There are people voting now who dont even remember Thatcher as PM.

7evens
07-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Although I can't help thinking that the right wing press have hammered the unions to a point where the majority of the electorate remain deeply suspicious.

These are different times and Unions are still portrayed as a bit of an anathema

Classic Jorge
07-15-2013, 11:31 AM
And in some cases, providing juicy conspirass stories about Lady Diana Princess of Hearts Goobah Inlan Roe Princess of Wales.