PDA

View Full Version : Never let it be said that I don't admit things when I'm wrong

Free SL
06-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Rich, you were right about Compton. That poor series against New Zealand has cost him his place in the opening Ashes test by the look of it. I just couldn't see the current set-up dropping him after 2 poor matches, but I was wrong.

Lets hope that Root doesn't have a couple of poor matches at the top of the innings, which could undo all the good work he has done in the middle order.

Luis Anaconda
06-25-2013, 09:35 AM
and scored runs. Fair enough putting Root at the top but picking Bairstow, who has not done much, ahead of a bloke who has scored two centuries in his past 6 tests seems a bit of a gamble

Free SL
06-25-2013, 09:42 AM
unless they are trying to throw the Aussies by not picking him for the Essex game.

The one thing I would say in Bairstow's favour, is that his knock at Lords against the Saffers last year showed that he can do it against the very best.

Luis Anaconda
06-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Could have been worse - could have picked Ravi. What was he thinking

Free SL
06-25-2013, 10:47 AM
on a hook and kept it down. If he had not rolled his wrists he'd probably have hit it for six over the vacant square leg.

He was nailed on for MOM if he saw it through as well.

Luis Anaconda
06-25-2013, 10:57 AM
I agree - should have just gone for it, match over

Free SL
06-25-2013, 11:00 AM
A bit of a think c**t is our Ravi.

I seem to be saying it quite a lot recently, but Bresnan is a waste of space in limited overs cricket. Offer nothing wit hthe bat really and his bowling is perfect "hit me" stuff, 80 odd mph on a length.